Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberium Species.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [55 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Ordo: That's a question of how you consider Tiberium's effects. All the other mutants seem to breathe in their normal manner (or else Westwood didn't think it was very important to mention such a major mutation).

@Dutchy: Obviously it's a game, but that's no reason to act all idiotic and add giant insects and dinosaurs. That just breaks the lore by turning Tiberium into magic. It's got to act in if not a realistic at least a consistent way, or it just becomes the TW style response to everything ("So why exactly can you do this?" "Because it's made of TIBERIUM!").
If Tiberium acts in a logical way then we can make the Nod and GDI responses to the Tiberium be more logical, working within the framework of a rational piece of fiction.

That, and it takes me approximately five minutes to post these snippets, so it's really not out of my way. I enjoy the subject, and it gives me a chance to apply the things I know or believe to be true to a fictional situation. Biology isn't really a skill of mine, but I still follow it with some interest.
(BTW, it's more the physiology of insects than the genetics.. but they boil down to the same if you look at it from the genetics=physical form viewpoint)

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you misunderstood me Smile I explained the healing effect of the tiberium in this way, that tiberium helps you to absorbs minerals and such stuff, to rebuild your body. So, as long as the creatures areent on tib, they will slowly die, but when they get onto tib, they will regen. Uderstand what I want to say? ^^

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yes, I understand how it could play out ingame, and indeed I think that such could be applied to a lot of things to great effect. I was just mentioning the oddity of the raw idea - though now that I think about it, it does have a certain ring to it.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye, it was only a possible solution, not something I demand of TO Confused

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know what would be radical? Xenomorphs. I'm not really making a suggestion here, I'm just saying they make anything totally awesome.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon