Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:34 am
All times are UTC + 0
Yet another feedback
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Jerome
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject:  Yet another feedback Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everybody and Merry Christmas! I've been playing this game for couple of years, I think, and decided to give my own feedback of it. Well, this is very well made and high quality game. Yes, I think this as a game of it's own rather than a mod. Here is my plus and minuses:

+Terrain looks awesome (lots of detail and beautiful forests)
+Interior terrain (brings back memories)
+Units are detailed and balance is quite good
+Nice campaign (so far)
+Creative (for example friendly tib lifeforms. How many mods have that!)
+Not often praised, but I really appreciate all the stuff you guys but to the public to see, as I guess it takes a lot of time

-Some of the explosions (I like "realism" and in real world I see explosions mostly as cloud of dust)
-Some buildings, like hand of nod, looks more some artist's monument than buildings meant to war. Well same goes to some units too like nod harvester and cyborgs
-A bit star war-ish (amount of "light"guns are in the edge of my comfort zone)
-Few glitches, like occasionally you can see through black shroud and some maps crashes the game (The Depressions)
-Civilian units and buildings (even though world and military has evolved, civilian stuff has mostly stop to last century)
-when forest catch fire, few minutes later it's just plain field. Seeing them change into burned trees or just only cover ground to ashes would be nice effect (engine probably limits this?)
-Orca Bomber (Why are bomb doors always open?)

Well, there you have it. I may have forgot to mention some things, but I'll post them if I stumble to them in later. Oh, and because it's Christmas I have one wish: Dear Santa Cla... I mean Aro, there is a unit that I'm Missed from RA. It's a dog. It gave some missions nice touch and seeing them on this game would be awesome. And IMHO it would fit into GDI arsenal well, since it could be fast scout and detect cloaked enemies. And before someone says that rocketeer does that already, I answer: Rocketeer could be changed to globotech since it's pioneer in advanced tech and GDI is, not low tech, but more conventional.

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guard dog could be a pretty interesting idea, but I'm not sure about giving it to GDI. Also, I am not sure if you can actually make it jump on something to attack it like it did in original RA.

Jerome
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too bad if it can't, atleast giving it to globotech in campaing would be nice, since they are the guarding faction in the game.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedback, Jerome. We all appreciate it. Smile

I have considered adding attack dogs to Twisted Insurrection in the past, in my attempt to create some more unique game-play on the Tiberian Sun engine, but doggies don't work exactly how I'd like them to, which is a shame 'cause it would've been an interesting addition indeed. We'll see what happens though.  

In response to a few of your negatives:

- Trees can not have burned damage frames, we have tried to do this before, but it doesn't work exactly how we'd like it to (echooooo). The damage frame would only appear for a split second in extremely rare circumstances, which is why we haven't done this before. It has been on a big to-do-list for a while now.

- Public Beta 5 has refined many explosions, hopefully you'll enjoy them more than you did the ones in Public Beta 4.

- Yeah, there will most likely be glitches in the game, that goes without a doubt which is why the mod is still in it's beta phases. In a years time or so, hopefully all of the bugs will be ironed out of the mod, things are already looking much better.

- The Orca Bomber having it's doors open is just a different design choice, straying away from the common Orca Bomber design used by so many other people.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod and I hope you enjoy Public Beta 5 even more when it's released.

Jerome
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So... all my "rant" have allready been through  Rolling Eyes . Oh well, I've seen the new trailer and indeed the explosions are better.

Last edited by Jerome on Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, PB4 explosions are many years old done on poor palette/bad methods and I said to Aro that I should remake them as wasn't too pleased keeping them that way when could have better.

Some of them actually feature more smoke noticeably this time but given Aro felt that strong color ones preferred thus smoke is far lesser given the heat factor... I did make entirely smoke dominant too but those are not used particularly much.

Main reason I think was that TS originally also tended to ignore smoke and most of 90s games was due to the harder aspects of palettizing smoke and smoothing the surroundings for blend unlike modern 3D games which also include additive filter to deal with black unlike this game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum