Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
PB5: Errors, &c.
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Revan
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:  PB5: Errors, &c.
Subject description: Errors regarding the first mission of the Nod campaign, PB5
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all, this is an excellent, exquisite standalone. Well done. I salute you.

However, there are some significant errors that impede gameplay to an extent.

1. After saving, the game crashes, even running as administrator. This is a huge error: I'm one of those gamers who likes saving a lot, especially before any assault. Resolving this error would be best. (This might actually be a problem on my end alone.)

Please ignore this error, above. It was an error on my end.

2. The text size is too small, especially for 1920x1080. This is self-explanatory; the introductory text is far too small for larger resolutions.

3. Likewise, the unit size is too small. Now, I know all the units are all based on Tiberium Sun, but for newer, larger resolutions, barring a zoom-in key, well, even the tanks look small.

4. In the same vein, most everything may need a resize for larger resolutions. Just a thought.

Other than that, you folks did very well. Good job, and keep it up!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi there, thank you for your kind words and sharing your thoughts. Smile

1. Going by the "Please ignore message" just below this point, I assume you've fixed it. What turned out to be your problem out of curiosity?

2/3/4. It isn't really possible for me to increase the size of the text as it appears on the screen in maps, I'm afraid, the only thing I can suggest to you for all three of these points is to simply play on a slightly lower resolution than your standard one.
I don't like playing on low resolutions myself, but if you're finding it difficult to see the units (infantry I have had a complaint or two about in the past) including vehicles - which we intentionally made slightly larger than the usual norm - then I would really recommend it.

Releasing patches to increase the size of units for each resolution isn't exactly a walk in the park, however, I will see if I can look into a "larger infantry option" addition in the future!

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is nothing preventing you from selecting a smaller resolution. We can't add in a zoom function or resize the graphics; their size is limited by the Tiberian Sun engine. I personally have no issues playing at 1600x900 though.

Revan
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro:

I simply couldn't see the menu after clicking the "Mission Saved" button — actually, that may be a problem, after all.

And, yes, the size of the infantry is a bit small to some extent, but perhaps that's just me. Thank you, though, for considering a possible patch; nevertheless, should such a thing prove impossible, know that no one would blame you for lack of trying.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In TS, 1600x900 is the highest resolution that is comfortable. Any higher, smaller maps are smaller than the
in-game screen area and garbled content is shown for out of map area. Also text is almost not readable.
I felt it better to set resolution lower than 1600x900 for TI.

There is no problem with menu after Mission Saved... on 1920x1080. You should probably try other renderers
if the problem persists.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum