Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
Starting Funds In Skirmish Mode PB5
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
isaac103
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:  Starting Funds In Skirmish Mode PB5
Subject description: Not enough starting funds in skirmish to fully enjoy the match
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can someone please tell me why I am constantly running out of cash? Seems like my harvesters don't have enough storage space to carry enough tiberium back to their refineries.....can the mod be updated to increase the amount of starting cash from 1000 to maybe 5000 or more?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Build more refineries. Something like 5 refineries (with 5 harvesters - don't build any extra from the War Factory) should be sufficient most of the time. And 10 000 is a good amount of starting cash, leaving room for making an early rush but also forcing you to take care of your economy.

isaac103
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was that the same case with the vanilla game too? It's been quite a while since I've played Tiberium Sun.......

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to get 5 refs up asap. You could still rush with a couple tanks and an engy while you get your economy going.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

isaac103 wrote:
Was that the same case with the vanilla game too? It's been quite a while since I've played Tiberium Sun.......

Yes, it was, for the most part. The only real difference is that some tiberium types are actually more valuable in TI, tiberium grows faster in TI, and having multiple factories gives you higher production speed in TI (having multiple factories had no effect on production speed in TS).

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TI is much faster paced than TS and resource collecting is also much quicker as TS annoyed the life out of me for being such a slow build-up at times. You'll get it eventually!

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the downtime in harvesthing tib fields could be because of the 'tiberium spawner'.
Let me try to explain what I mean: When in TS you harvested a field, the tiberium tree would spawn a full tiberium patch. In TI, to make it a bit more realistic, there is a spawner which covers a large area, creating Tiberium via Debris. Since Tiberium created by Debris is always the first stage of Tiberium, it doesn't wield that much money - and somtimes the Tiberium spawned in this way will block the tiberium spawned by the Tiberium Trees.
Thats what I think anyway. Otherwise, when the field is completely full, it gives more money then in TS.

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Something like 5 refineries (with 5 harvesters - don't build any extra from the War Factory) should be sufficient most of the time

Rampa, are you trolling the noobs? #Tongue

Get two or max three refineries and two extra harvs each and you're good.
The unload time is so short that you could probably run even more harvs per ref. No need to build refs that simply aren't used for most of the time.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 harvs on 1 ref is always bad. 1 harv with a long route and on his way back can block for ages the other harv, which is standing already right next to the ref.

While building harvs, you block your warfactory from building something useful like tanks.
Refineries on the other hand can be build parallel, next to the tanks producing warfactory.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't long distance harvest/leech fields and there's no problems.

Building refs blocks you from teching up, which is more important than getting a few low-tier tanks. Infantry can be used to fend off early rushes.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Twisted Insurection update PB5.007 available via the launcher. This update adds some extra credits options for Skirmish and Online players (as requested) and fixes some problems in GDI Mission 11.

View the complete changelog here: http://ti.ppmsite.com/updates/changelog.txt

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum