Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Suggestions for the campaign *spoiler*
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bambi32
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject:  Suggestions for the campaign *spoiler* Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So after playing through both GDI and Nods campaign I will share my thoughts:

Ive enjoyed most of the Level design. There are so many cool Missions. If I should vote, I will pick GDI mission 15 as my favourit, because of this unexpected event and this intense difficulty. GDI mission 09 surprised me too, when you had to build up a new base while the old one gets raped. Really nice!

suggestions/bugs/flaws (in PB 5.022):

Nod Mission 03:
-Some more intensive enemy attacks on the main base at the beginning of the mission would have been nice.

Nod Mission 04A:
-The title of the Mission is called "Viper". They get introduced in this Mission, but it turns out that the real heros in this map are the eclipse tanks Smile Maybe there should be more infantry attacks/outpost, where the vipers can show his muscles

Nod Mission 04B:
-Your base should get attacked by the globotec. Each armory should produce some humvees, infantry and tanks which attack the base. Like it was in PB 3 but with less enemy units. This will give this beautyfull looking mission some thrill.

Nod Mission 09:
-Tunnel entrance objects have a visual glitch now (came with PB 5.022). -The revealing of the patrols has visual glitches too. (came with PB 5.022)

Nod Mission 10:
-It has a timer (35:00 min) until the ion storm ends and GDI and globotec could communitcate with each other. I havent destroyed the globotec base within this time. But the mission was still accomplished. But the mission should have failed.

Nod Mission 11:
-The crazy going Cyborg commando wasnt attackable (only with "Strg" button pressed). The text said something like "take over the EMP cannon to disable the cyborg commando." but how? You cant buy an Engineer in this mission.

Nod Mission 12:
-When the train moves to the tunnelsystem the waggons dont drive with the locomotive. After several mission restarts the whole train finally moved into the tunnel.

Nod Mission 13:
-During the intro the new brotherhood destroyed the whole defenseline. I couldnt do anything. (many more enemys came). When I restarted the mission the defenseline was nearly intact after the intro (less enemy income).

Nod Mission 14:
-Ive deployed my MCV where the south GDI base was. Built up my base, but the harvesters stopped their job several times (pathfinding problems?). You always had to babysitt your harvys.
-When I loaded this mission the game crashed after 30 seconds once.

Nod Mission 15:
-Give a hint that you can use the RPG minium attack range for your advantage.
-The timer (45 min) until the trucks come out of the warehouse starts after an Engineer takes over the Warehouse. If you know that, you can build up your base first. Build up a huge attack force and when you are ready you let the timer start. This makes this mission too easy for the (maybe) second last mission.
-When the trucks come out of the warehouses the firewalls shut down. Only the north-western firewall (directly at your base) looks like it is still activated, but the enemy can shoot and go through. Your own units get stuck at this firewll sections (even if these sections are destroyed).

GDI mission 06:
-The only odd mission I could think of is GDI mission 06. Nothing is really happening there. I wished this propaganda city in the south west was more influencing the gameplay. A bit like in GDI mission 08.

GDI Mission 07:
-Some really insane difficulty when the Nod base produces flametanks or other anti intantry units. And it seemed randomly if the base sends these units towards your little infantry force or not.

GDI Mission 09:
-Viscoriods should be enemy targets. You have to press "Strg" button to attack them, allthough these creatures attack your units.
-Give some more space for building up the second base (less tiberium at this area!).
-Insert an additional text message when your first base gets raped like "We cannot hold this base anymore. We should concentarte on building up a proper base on the other side of the mountain". I wasnt sure if I needed to rescue this old base at all costs or not.

GDI Mission 10:
-You can build a squad of orca fighters and search the upper east corner of the mutated area easily to trigger the next objective.

GDI Mission 12:
-Give a little hint that you should have some troops for defence in your base, too. I really got surprised by the attack on my base, since you are so concentrated on defending the trucks.

GDI Mission 13:
-Let the mission end by destroying all huge globotec buildings. Not every windmill and stuff... this was a really boring phase of the campaign.

GDI Mission 15:
-When searching for the Outpost with these 3 elite GDI soldiers, you should insert some warnings. For example in the south of the map are some nasty trapps. There should appear a text massage like "I heared screams, do you really want us to go up there?" "I have a bad feeling about this area, we should better stay back". This makes these trapps fair gameplay wise.
-The Nod Base in the west (which attacks the outpost once you took it over) seems to have to many objects arround it. The enemy units just got stuck in each other. So at the end there were like 100 enemy units stuck at this base. Luck for me, that this base was irrelevant for the objective.

-There should be a note, that you fight against the "New brotherhood".

Some extra suggestion:

Maybe GDI Mission 01+02 should be 01A and 01B as Mission 01 is very short and is directly connected to Mission 02.
Same goes for GDI Mission 04+05 (should be A and B) where both Missions share the same topic/map (about the tibfield).

For the Nod missions I would put Mission 05+06+07 together to 05 A, B and C. All these missions share the same subject and area.

Nod Mission 11+12+13 share the same area and subject (cybernetic facility) too.

imo fusing these seperate missions to one huge mission with submissions gives the campaigns more epicness Wink

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the clear list, you got some good points there.

Bambi32 wrote:
Nod Mission 10:
-It has a timer (35:00 min) until the ion storm ends and GDI and globotec could communitcate with each other. I havent destroyed the globotec base within this time. But the mission was still accomplished. But the mission should have failed.

You don't need to destroy the GloboTech base within this time, only capture the GDI Communications Center so that GDI is unable to contact GloboTech for help once the storm is over.

Bambi32 wrote:
Nod Mission 11:
-The crazy going Cyborg commando wasnt attackable (only with "Strg" button pressed). The text said something like "take over the EMP cannon to disable the cyborg commando." but how? You cant buy an Engineer in this mission.

The Cyborg Commando not being attackable at first is intentional. Instead of attacking him you need to capture the GDI EMP Cannon and use it to disable the Commando. You can't build any engineers, but you do get them as reinforcements. They will appear in your base carried by a Termite APC. Though I now realize that they're pretty easy to miss, I'll do something about that. Smile

I will fix the other problems too when I get the chance.

That extra suggestion you gave sounds good. That would indeed make the campaign more epic, especially if we ever get a map selection screen like in the original TS. Smile

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum