Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Nod Mission 14
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
justin4316
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:  Nod Mission 14
Subject description: why does thou lag and crash?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK so this mod has been running just fine on all other missions. It has not crashed once. However for some reason on this mission after i got the Ghost into the temple of nod and i have to go save the New Brotherhood it starts lagging badly.

Then after playing for what must have been 2-3+ hours with really bad lag i  beat the mission but every time it starts to show the cut scene it crashes before i can get to start the next mission.

so has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

By "crashes" what exactly do you mean? Does it come up with an error message stating "unable to initiate map selection" (this shouldn't be the case as I tested it not long ago) or "Internal Error"? If there is a file in your directory called "except.txt" and "TI.log" please upload the files here.

justin4316
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know what it was but I just turned on the "back buffer in video memory" and  it quit crashing and i am on the 15 mission.

justin4316
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I figured out how to post the file go to my last post to see

Last edited by justin4316 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Demociraptor
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, is it just me or are unit production restricted to only Vulcan Cyborgs? I can't seem to unlock more buildings after the Hall of Faith. It's really hard to beat the level with Vulcan Cyborgs only...

Aside of that, campaign is great as far I have played!

justin4316
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Demociraptor wrote:
Also, is it just me or are unit production restricted to only Vulcan Cyborgs? I can't seem to unlock more buildings after the Hall of Faith. It's really hard to beat the level with Vulcan Cyborgs only...

Aside of that, campaign is great as far I have played!

no that happed to me as well

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tachyon Cyborg requires the Hall of Faith and Nod Radar to be buildable in Nod 14 and the Reaper Cyborgs require the Hall of Faith and Technology Center according to the map file. Try again with those structures under your control too.

justin4316 wrote:
EXCEPT

Please upload the EXCEPT.TXT and TI.LOG files as attachments rather than copying and pasting the text here. It creates a wall of text that is a pain to scroll through. Wink

Do you still get the error after unchecking the video backbuffer option or is that wall of text from the last time you got the error?

justin4316
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Tachyon Cyborg requires the Hall of Faith and Nod Radar to be buildable in Nod 14 and the Reaper Cyborgs require the Hall of Faith and Technology Center according to the map file. Try again with those structures under your control too.

justin4316 wrote:
EXCEPT

Please upload the EXCEPT.TXT and TI.LOG files as attachments rather than copying and pasting the text here. It creates a wall of text that is a pain to scroll through. Wink

Do you still get the error after unchecking the video backbuffer option or is that wall of text from the last time you got the error?

No i did not get the error again after unchecking it and yes the wall of text is the last time i got the error.

EXCEPT.TXT
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  EXCEPT.TXT
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  14 Time(s)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, so the back buffer change made a difference. I am unable to figure out what caused this error myself but I will look deeper into it. Thank you for your feedback and reports. Keep them coming!

Terminal
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed some strange things in this mission as well.

First, it's seemingly impossible to progress beyond having power plants, refineries and halls of faith, capturing a hand of nod and a radar did nothing to expand my build tree, didn't bother with the fist of nod. Might be intentional.

Second, the orcas are crazy. I destroyed the first two GDI's bases at the start, strolled into the last one (the defense turrets all inexplicably ignored me but attacked my Nod ally) and destroyed their MCV, barracks and war factory. Was about to hit the helipads when... four orcas spawn out of nowhere ("Orcas spawn out of nowhere" is distressing common throughout the campaign), followed two seconds later by four bombers appearing on the helipads, followed two seconds later by four immobilizers. Is this really working as intended?

This was somewhat distressing to deal with given that I had no AA available (just vulcan cyborgs) but I managed to survive long enough for my ally to destroy what was left of the base so... joy.

Demociraptor
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terminal wrote:
I noticed some strange things in this mission as well.

First, it's seemingly impossible to progress beyond having power plants, refineries and halls of faith, capturing a hand of nod and a radar did nothing to expand my build tree, didn't bother with the fist of nod. Might be intentional.

Second, the orcas are crazy. I destroyed the first two GDI's bases at the start, strolled into the last one (the defense turrets all inexplicably ignored me but attacked my Nod ally) and destroyed their MCV, barracks and war factory. Was about to hit the helipads when... four orcas spawn out of nowhere ("Orcas spawn out of nowhere" is distressing common throughout the campaign), followed two seconds later by four bombers appearing on the helipads, followed two seconds later by four immobilizers. Is this really working as intended?

This was somewhat distressing to deal with given that I had no AA available (just vulcan cyborgs) but I managed to survive long enough for my ally to destroy what was left of the base so... joy.

Exactly this, I have nothing else. I cannot attack the enemies with Vulcan Cyborgs only. They have ORCAs, mass Siege Infantry, and they spam with Railgun Platforms. And I... I only have mere Vulcan Cyborgs. Capturing a Nod Radar won't help and I can't capture the Fist of Nod (Will only repair like it's yours but remains on the "grey" neutral faction.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's strange... I will do some tests tonight to see if I can fix this issue. I'm sure it's not intentional.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game seems to have crashed in some distance VQA movie code, I don't have this mapped out so I do not have any idea.

Perhaps, does this mission contain a radar movie?

TheLostSabre
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the Radar found beside the Service Bay in this mission, it has the odd ability to "undeploy" if you sell it. When you deploy it you'll get the proper tech tree associated with it. Odd...

Also, I like to second that notion about capturing the Nod Barrack do absolutely nothing with expanding your tech tree (no militant, tank hunter, etc.) and neither does capturing Nod Helipad.

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TheLostSabre wrote:
capturing the Nod Barrack do absolutely nothing with expanding your tech tree (no militant, tank hunter, etc.)

This is intentional. In the mission you play as the Inner Circle so you only have cyborgs and drones in your command, no normal infantry. The same with human piloted aircraft.

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

TheLostSabre
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's true, though it does makes a few situation a fair bit more difficult without those units you don't have access to.

Then again that's part of the fun, no? :p

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum