Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OMC 3: The RA2 5th Place Is...
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:  OMC 3: The RA2 5th Place Is... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As you've seen on yesterday's picture, I'm glad to announce that EA is trully sponsoring this competition. The proof has just arrived at my home yesterday. A big heavy box with several RA2 collectors edition games, TS Platinum Edition boxes, soundtrack from Emperor and Renegade, Official Red Strike Strategy Guides, and 30 Renegade mousepads!!! Yea, 30 mousepads! I'm using one. The other 29 will be distributed. Here's the picture:

Also, I'd like to apologise for uploading a map on sunday with the wrong read me file. I have too many read me files for each map, because I have the original one in a zip, the original one extracted, the competition one in another directory... so I missed the file. Fortunatelly, this issue has been fixed few hours ago. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

After some bla bla bla above, it's time to reveal the 5th place who is getting a Renegade mousepad! The lucky creature is known as ArissDJ! He is a veteran, a professional mapper that has submitted some thumbs up YR  maps for RADEN. But he has estabilished his own mapping home at YUCNC. His site all the thumbs up RA2 and Zero Hour maps he submitted to DGN sites and some interesting modding tools.

His map is Ascension, the first non symetric map from the RA2 maps I've played so far. It's a big desert four players map. Each base has several entrances, some oil derricks close. The center is full of tech buildings and it also includes one spy satelite with several power plants, hospitals, secret labs, airport, among other oil derricks in the center. Watch out for some dogs protecting some of them. There are few resources close to each start area and you'll need to expand with derricks or rely on miners gathering ore on dangerous areas. There is a city in the center where some of the tech buildings are located. I love the details and the atmosphere of the map. It deserves its spotlight. Here's the details:

Map Name: Ascension
Author: ArissDJ
Site: YUCNC (www.yucnc.tk)
Game: Yuri's Revenge
Best Rating On OMCs: <none>
Best Position On OMCs: <none>
Players: 4
Futurely Featured In: <none>

Ratings:

Original Concept: 17.8%/20%
Ballance: 11.6/15%
Eye Candy: 23.4%/30%
Fun Factor: 15.0%/20%
Triggers: 10.2%/15%
-------------------------------------
Overall Score: 78.00% (SPOTLIGHTED)
Valid Score: 79.33%

JonhWE's Position: 5th - 67.0%
Braddoc's Position: 6th - 74.0%
Clazzy's Position: 1st - 80.0% (BEST)
Flak's Position: 5th - 84.0%
Lion's Position: 2nd - 85.0%
-------------------------------
Final Position: 5th

Download it HERE. The zip file contains the map and a full information with rates, judge comments, mapper comment and documentation.

And for everyone's curiosity, here's the Red Alert 2 ranking so far:

1st: ??????????? == ??.??%
2nd: ??????????? == ??.??%
3rd: ??????????? == ??.??%
4th: ??????????? == ??.??%
5th: ArissDJ :: Ascension == 79.33%
6th: Nucl34r14 :: Hot Battlezone == 77.66%
7th: Bob Markey :: Spider Town == 69.33%
8th: Hk_31 :: Invasion Confirmed [TX] == 57.50%
9th: Mayhew1 :: President Holiday == 41.66%
10th: WRC2 :: Islands of Opportunity == 36.66%
11th: the50 :: Warzone == 24.66%
12th: AhsanKhalid111 :: War In America == 22.33%
13th: Raptor :: ATOL == 21.00%
14th: Amak :: Desert War == 18.00%

In the next hours we'll be revealing the 4th place from the Red Alert 2 maps. The names that are left are: Aurora196, BrutalAl, Oredragon and Piscinex. Stay tuned and enjoy ArissDJ's map!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never actually realised I put this map at first place, I thought this got second for me.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's because you missed the ballance max score on some maps. So, I had to re-avarage some of them.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol. Clazzy is liking this map.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it was a good map, just a few small improvements and it would be worthy of winning in my eyes.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seeing that box of goodies, i wish i made a map instead of judging for the omc  Confused

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't mind that soundtrack from emperor. #Tongue

geekspeek
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

must go to brazil....must steal box.....*drools*.......must......TRY TO WIN NEXT OMC!

This mod is dead!
Ackron wrote:
It would be good if it was better.

Othalla
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are those prizes for TS winners too? Now I really wish I'd put triggers in my map,  Laughing

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Daayum...which position do you need to win that awesome C&C1 T-shirt? Me want Surprised
Can I make a C&C1 map to win that? Very Happy

And the shoes?! Why is only part of them shown? They look so awesome!!! (#Tongue)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
And the shoes?! Why is only part of them shown? They look so awesome!!! (#Tongue)

ROFL!

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!