Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
Error with C&C 3 Kane Edition
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:  Error with C&C 3 Kane Edition Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have recently bought C&C 3 Kane Edition. The game itself is really nice, and i have played much of the Nod missions until now. But sometimes the game stops playing and crashes to Windows, and giving the error i post below.

For your interest, i have Windows XP Home Edition, SP2, 2.83 GHz, and 1 GB RAM. C&C 3 is version 1.00, because my internet is too slow to download the patches, and besides, i dont play online that often.

Anyway, does anyone have encountered this error before, and if so, can he/she explain the error and give an solution? Question

JointEarthDefenseInitiate
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That error is a Direct X error... it probably can't be fixed on C&C's side. The problem is with Direct X and its highly whimsical nature.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's obvious right at the top of the error:

OUT OF MEMORY

Lower your in-game settings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
NiGhtPiSH
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...Or boost up your Virtual Memory Wink

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's odd... On my machine that has 2gb RAM and an Evga GeForce 7950 KO with 512mb RAM, and about 4gb combined virtual RAM.

Why then would I get that DirectX out of memory error when I'm running the standard settings?

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've found 1 simularity between you 2 that i dont have (and i dont have the problem), you 2 have G-force cards, Ive got an ATI. Perhaps there is something incompatible with C&C3 + Navidia cards?

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ATI the way c&c was meant to be played........

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
You may experience problems attempting to run the game with a
monitor set to "portrait mode"--that is, if your monitor is set
to display content vertically instead of in a traditional 4:3 or
16:9 aspect ratio. Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars only
supports monitors running in standard 4:3 modes or widescreen
16:9, 5:4, and 16:10 modes.

As of the date posted at the top of this ReadMe file, Windows
Vista is not compatible with ATI-based video cards with Radeon
9250 chipsets and below, in addition to NVIDIA-based video cards
with GeForce 5000 series chipsets and below. By extension, the
game is not compatible with these chipsets on Windows Vista
machines.

Quote:
· Video: DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 4+ or ATI Radeon 8500+
for Windows XP / NVIDIA GeForce 6100+ or ATI Radeon 9500+ for
Vista (Note: ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX
cards not supported)

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More errors! Even on a virgin install with the latest DirectX downloaded from MicroSoft and the latest nvidia drivers.

d3d1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.44 KB
 Viewed:  7927 Time(s)

d3d1.jpg

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I heard half the Kane Editions won't work anyway due to corrupted files that got slipped into the game... =o
All from somewhere in the Tech Support area of EA Forums. =3

Anyway, that error seems to suggest...okay, what video card are you using, because it starting to sound like a two dollar video card picked up out of a bargain bin...Seriously, what make, model, and memory size is it?

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a system with 2gb RAM (just upped it to 4 for a potential Vista upgrade), an Evga GeForce 7950 KO with 512mb RAM, and about 4gb combined virtual RAM. My computer is an AMD 64 X2 4600 on an Asus M2-crosshair mobo.

It's my gaming machine so I don't put anything on it.

The EVGA 7950 KO is *NOT* a two dollar video card.

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that is the dreaded game.dat error (still unfixed by EA) that I keep hearing about on the official boards.

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mighty BOB! wrote:
I think that is the dreaded game.dat error (still unfixed by EA) that I keep hearing about on the official boards.

With crashes as frequent as I've seen in this game ON A FRESHLY INSTALLED SYSTEM sporting as much uber hardware as I have, I'm amazed that any multi player games can be played with this.

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey where are the EA official boards? I sure would like to ask them about these crashes. I've got a pretty powerful system for this stuff to be crashing like this.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strange, I have a more or less identical system;

Conroe Duo E6400
Corsair 600MHz 2GB RAM
EVGA GeForce 7950GTO KO
Asus P-N5E Mobo

And I have the Kane Edition, and I have everything running on Ultra with no problems.

The only problems I got, were with some drivers for the Asus motherboard, which kept causing errors everywhere.

Have you made sure you've got all the drivers and such installed? I found there is a newer nVidia driver available online than the one given on the CD with the GPU.

Forgive me if those were all just stupid questions to you, just want to make sure its not something basic.

And with regard to EA forums.. posts get lost there. Its a reckless sea of posts to which only the majority or the most verbal of posts get remotely noted. You can try EA, but don't expect much other than to find out 20 topics of the same were posted before, and nothing happened.

Last edited by Muldrake on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Confirmed I believe, its the game.dat errors for the KE..Regular edition works just fine although.

darkrei9n
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turning down graphics helps in preventing cncgame.dat. It worked for mine and Im a KE user.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

True, just remember, high end will possibly crash in KE, also, Vista supposedly doesn't work well with C&C3...so..beware of that.

This post was Ninja Edited..kthx.

Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eww, I don't touch Vista, I have XP SP 2 with all the updates according to the update manager. I have the latest nvidia drivers, too. 93.71_forceware (WHQL version)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum