Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Odyssey - Your Input.
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 8 [376 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You lost... Money, greed and the human condition prevail. And one of the leaders of your philosophy was bald with a stupid beard
(Vladimir Ilych Ulanov of course... sorry, I mean "Lenin")

Lol, j.k. but humanity isn't perfect, so you can't pretend to be one of us gangster Wink

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Political and economic views are for a different forum, chap Wink

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but it was a long winded compliment to Gangster for all his work. And if you want to make a sly implication about my nationality and class status say "old boy", not chap. Wink Otherwise it just isn't cricket you see...
Quote:
Lol, j.k. but humanity isn't perfect, so you can't pretend to be one of us gangster Wink

Azkhare
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, this is my first post at PPM, so hello all of you, and greetings to the Tiberian Odyssey staff, this mod is looking really really brilliant, and I can't wait to have a release.

Anyway, on topic now. I readed all of the topic and the idea I liked was the sandworm. You could make an invisoible building with that "impact explosion" as the worm emerging. Having the worm only in deserted landscapes would help avoiding problems such as the worm in the water, as there is little to no water in deserts, or cliffs, as deserst are filled with dunes, not cliffs.

Now my input. One of the first posts in this tread leaded me to think of this possibility. Could it be possible to have an ice-like thing in a temperate map? If so, you could have quicksand traps (I think that is the name, right?), with the same logic of the ice-cracking-sinking on snow maps. It could be that green slime on FS, acting as a pool on the ground, getting tanks and such stuck into it.

Well, that's it, good luck with the mod and, again, marvelous work.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ice logic on temperate maps... hmmm, interestin idea! Since it's possible to have ice logics on snow theater then why shouldn't it work on temperate theater too. #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just need a little re-colouring and tweaking #Tongue But you have to consider the weight, or else EVERYTHING will sink =/ Except for fast units and inf.

Azkhare
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello again, fellow members.
I thought this as quicksands, so most units will sink on it. Think of a jungle, little "tiberium quicksands" spots everywhere, requiring minimanagement over the crossing, so they dont get sucked in those spots. Like "traps in the jungle"

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quicksand I don't like, but tiberium swamp would be cool - especially since it'll grow back

The Team Black Index

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe a couple of almost 'normal' trees. Try a redwood with a big green tiberium crystal on it? Laughing

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

butch69
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

y dont yous make a defence structure like the sonic emitter on Tiberium Wars. and make the energy travel along the ground then hit the target?

That would be awsome!!!!!!!

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, see guys...

I personally have read about so many posts ending like "like xy on C&C3"

Look - were not CnC:TW - were different. Were better. TW is not really the classical C&C anymore. TS has been bend story- and designwise by EA, but TW broke the borders - so - to us TS is probably the last real C&C. And thats why were making TO: We want to lead the Story to an end that we feel is more authentic.

Yes - there ARE quite some similarities - but we never ripped them from TW. Some are because of them beeing so minor that there was no other choice but to do the same or at least a very similar thing, or we had the Idea before TW or Kanes Wrath even announced it. Id even have some examples in mind - but I dont know if im allowed to talk about it Wink

yup, neptune size!

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audiopulse wrote:
Well, see guys...

I personally have read about so many posts ending like "like xy on C&C3"

Look - were not CnC:TW - were different. Were better. TW is not really the classical C&C anymore. TS has been bend story- and designwise by EA, but TW broke the borders - so - to us TS is probably the last real C&C. And thats why were making TO: We want to lead the Story to an end that we feel is more authentic.

Yes - there ARE quite some similarities - but we never ripped them from TW. Some are because of them beeing so minor that there was no other choice but to do the same or at least a very similar thing, or we had the Idea before TW or Kanes Wrath even announced it. Id even have some examples in mind - but I dont know if im allowed to talk about it Wink

I love you man! *sob* (becomes sentimental)

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I view TW as just as canon as TS, and hardly do I think TO is 'better', but, I find it certainly good, and am glad they aren't going to try to add units from TW. I love TW, don't get me wrong, but why the hell don't I just PLAY TW instead of pestering a mod team to add a unit from TW?

This is their vision, and hopefully they'll keep it a project form their vision, and not steal any EA or Westwood ideas. I want something original, not a re hash of TS and TW. Thats a waste of my time downloading.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, TO is simply our idea of what should come after Firestorm..
maybe a little influence from C&C3, maybe some from Westwood's plans for their sequel, though ultimately it is based on our ideas.

The Team Black Index

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Maybe a couple of almost 'normal' trees. Try a redwood with a big green tiberium crystal on it?
Laughing

Why do my trees get ignored!? WHY!?
JK. But does anyone notice I got ignored?

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's...err..."normal".

And we're anticipating TO, instead of screaming where to download and stuff...can't wait to mess around with Orcas...

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There will be plenty of trees in TO to keep you happy don't worry, both natural and unnatural.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...and some made of lego - yaaaaay

not really >: D

yup, neptune size!

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd suggest some various foliage bushes and shrubs to go with those trees Smile, oh and some fixes with some of the road tiles.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, they put bushes in RA2, why not TO? Question
PS I want to be a tank pilot, not a civilian! Smile
PPS Destiny said "It's...err..."normal". " Sorry, still a N00b

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh?

The Team Black Index

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhh, it's "Normal". Ok another input - I see TO has been pretty...err..."active" again with a new leader...but the main question is:

Will we get anymoar sneak peeks Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might give a few sneak peaks soon, I'm working on a few new maps right now.. but none are in presentable shape at the moment

The Team Black Index

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hows about a multiplayer/skirmish beta, eh? Eh? EEHHHH!!!..?

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, I'm with Dom on this one. It seems like you're going for an all out epic affect, which, while it looks nice, no lie, but...

Don't set the bar too high and make thism od never come out. How many leaders have you gone through? Some never talked, some talked occasionally, and you, like to go for a dramatic epic feel, which hey, its your mod now, but... Yeah. This looks like it may very well end up like D-Day.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They'll release it when it's ready for it.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, the epic campaign is awesome, but from what I've seen the new multiplayer additions look sweet (the new game mode specific maps and all), plus I love the infantry units your planning. It would be great to see explore the whole new tech tree for both GDI and Nod.

... You know what guys? Take your time. Besides, the reason I took up interest in this TC is because of the epic campaign.

I won't bitch, and I wasn't trying to in my previous post.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After all ... the D-Day was a success even if they paid a high prise. And so did we by deleting, losing and redoing some pieces. But Id say thats okay. All the previous members had set themselves a high goal - I mean - why not?

yup, neptune size!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...No no. I didn't mean Overlord.. I mean the mod D-Day.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh, I havent learned of D-day ^^

yup, neptune size!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's a YR Mod total conver. to WWII.

kxthxbai go bak to ontpic plz #Tongue (ok that was bad.)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh?

The Team Black Index

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mei Ling wrote:
This looks like it may very well end up like D-Day.

Difference being D-day has one leader, and as far as i know, 1 person working on it. D-day will see a public release because its Mig's baby, its something he's passionate about and something he likes doing so i have no doubt he will release it, but only when he's ready, whereas TO is now on its 3rd(?) mod leader(/team) and very much seems to have happened since the first.

DeathMummy
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would be nice to see the TO site constantly up to date...with all latest pics on all units and buildings and things such as missing buildings like Nod Missile Silo info filled out. Also; i'd like to see the GDI anti-armor trooper in action Smile Also some screenshots of all buildings and edits done on Gdi and Nod buildings so far Smile Just to keep some of us TO-Hungry modders up to date #Tongue.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skeletons, dead bodies, children playgrounds, junk?

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes. Junk is a grand thing. Filling cities witb Tiberium is lame anyways. Look at some pictures of Pripyat for a good idea of a real ghost town.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Junk in the DUNK!...

... to the modding team of TO:

Just make sure you add lots of blood and gore and destroyable stuff, and soldiers screaming and taunting each other, and sirens going off when bases come under heavy attacks, and huge loud fuckin explosions, and noise, and blood, and Cannibal Corpse, and DEATH, and BLOOD & GOORREE. DIEE!!!!!! IEAALLALALHEYYHOGOFUUUUUCLK!!!!!!

Make the battlefield, a battlefield.

When my soldiers maim the enemy, I wanna see and hear the enemy SUFFER! And, possibly vice versa....

...... all I'm tryin' to say is make this mod bloody terrific! WAR! What is it good for? Absolutely everything-DIE

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, make TO a Sadomaso-party. Would be nice.

yup, neptune size!

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audiopulse wrote:
Yeah, make TO a Sadomaso-party. Would be nice.

I barely suggest something to add atmosphere and everyone tries to make the game full of it. Sheesh people, if you want vviolence, make your own mod or a game.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

me with gufu Very Happy

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol..S&M mod... :3

Diversity among the civilian populations. No more generic civilians. #Tongue

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
Lol..S&M mod... :3

Diversity among the civilian populations. No more generic civilians. #Tongue

psst... that's Johny the Homicidal maniac, get to close and he'll go ballistic on your army

lol Razz

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Juggernaut
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
since when I started play TS I have always wanted to use a NOD's version of the ion cannon !

I think that it could be awesome move the mouse on the enemy's raffinery, click the button and watch 10 plasma balls falling from the sky !

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Juggernaut wrote:
Hi,
since when I started play TS I have always wanted to use a NOD's version of the ion cannon !

I think that it could be awesome move the mouse on the enemy's raffinery, click the button and watch 10 plasma balls falling from the sky !

Not gonna happen, kid.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

correct. Since Nod couldnt ever explain how they gained an Ion-cannon. How should they? GDI owned the skies and the space (if you dont count the Scrin) - every new Satellite of Nod would be shot down immediatly, if they even had the technology to build and launch one...

yup, neptune size!

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*cough* ASAT too.

bartpp7
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i was think that since this mode is like a recreation of TS it should try to get a close feel of TW like a feel of between TS and TW

I hope i made sence i can also ways have another try at making sence if u want me too Rolling Eyes

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TO is a recreation after the original FS-story, yes, but we dont orientate around TW. Well, to be honest - we dont even like TW...

yup, neptune size!

bartpp7
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi guys i have a suggestion i've been watching the unit progress on the sides so i have a suggestions on how to release it quiker

1. Release with just sides (GDI and NOD) and there units ect
2. With music and menues and sides (like 1)
3. Release it in parts such as sides+music and menues then the campaign's

there just 3 suggestion sorry about being another get it done person LOL Laughing

ps keep the good work up Very Happy

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the suggestions, but the mod will be best released as one big package..

Over the summer, most of us will have a lot of free time, and you guys will see a ton of good progress Smile

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 8 [376 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon