Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:27 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun :: Disruptor Crash Fix
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun :: Disruptor Crash Fix Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howdy! Very Happy

Attached to this post is a "quick fix" for the WaveClass internal errors that a majority of Tiberian Sun players experience. Nothing else has been changed on this executable, other than the code that directly handles the three main WaveClass effects, the laser, sonic beam and ion cannon. Smile

Have fun, i hope this helps you out!

Lots of feedback is appreciated here, as i have had trouble getting a hold of testers. if people still experience errors with this patch, please upload your EXCEPT.TXT into this topic.

Version 2:
Download: Here!

Cheers,

-Hyper

Last edited by CCHyper on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should add to my signature something like "Hyper Awesome".
I probably won't, but anyways, you're awesome Wink. Though personally I've never experienced IEs due to lasers, disruptors, or the ion cannon, in none of all the computers I've have installed Ts on Confused (BTW I always play on high).

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prefer to wait until the laser/Ion Cannon is also fixed, but this will do in the mean time. Good job Hyper Wink
EDIT: I guess you must run this exe instead of SUN.exe?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can run TS via GAME.EXE, this executable is a alternative to GAME.EXE. So yea, just run this executable. Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehm, not so good news: I got WCE with Dizzy wave >_> I did saw that the beam did not reach the bottom of the screen (it ended 1/2 pixels from the bottom), but when I moved the view down it crashed Neutral

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  20.75 KB
 Downloaded:  273 Time(s)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure this is with my executable? People, including myself who have tested this do not experience the crash anymore...

This EIP is the common one related to the Sonic Beam, and the value is in the safe zone, so it should'nt crash...

More people test this please...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aw hell, this is typically something for me. Something works for everyone, but when I test it, it fails >_> Had it with Fallout 3, the dll WCE fix, and now this...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchy, are you sure you start the right exe?
I've tested it and it removes the wce for the sonic beam.

In addition does your except.txt show the same EIP as the original exe. While Hypers exe shows for me different EIPs for the Laser and Ion cannon, i assume that it would also show a different EIP for the disruptor. This makes me think that something on your TS installation is weird. Like you always start only a desktop shortcut which points to a different TS installation, or your registry entries are messed up or something else which makes you always use the wrong exe.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, im gonna release another version of the patch, so that the game will produce a different EIP for the crash IF you do encounter the crash.

Added with this patch will also be a First Decade patch.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Dutchy, are you sure you start the right exe?
I've tested it and it removes the wce for the sonic beam.

In addition does your except.txt show the same EIP as the original exe. While Hypers exe shows for me different EIPs for the Laser and Ion cannon, i assume that it would also show a different EIP for the disruptor. This makes me think that something on your TS installation is weird. Like you always start only a desktop shortcut which points to a different TS installation, or your registry entries are messed up or something else which makes you always use the wrong exe.

Which should I use then? Hyper said that I should use his exe (DisruptorBeamFix.exe), so I did, and I got the error. Why should it be different with the normal exe (SUN.exe)?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, DisruptorBeamFix.exe is the right one.
I just thought that you might have renamed it or used a link or whatever.

I really can't believe that your PC should be the only one that still produces WCEs. What's the difference between your PC and all the others?

Public SHPs

Tools

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't get it either. Just a silly idea, but have you tried renaming the exe to SUN.EXE and keeping a backup of the original exe? Maybe that will do the trick.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arf, I'm gonna retry with both exe's, and if both fail, there's a curse on my pc >_>
EDIT: why do I have the feeling I'm an idiot? When I run Hyper's exe now, and give the SonicZap to Light Infantry, everything is fine... Maybe I forgot to change the shortcut to Hyper's exe instead of SUN.exe, I dunno, but it works now.
*begins to think if he should have let his memory checked by a doctor*

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First post has been updated!

Version 2 of the patch now contains fixes for all 3 of the WaveClass crashes.

The lasers no longer have a outer glow, and the ion cannon ripple effect has been completely removed.

This version is still in testing, if you get a crash still, please make sure you post the except.txt here!

-CCHyper

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got one question Hyper,can you play online with this fix? It isn't a rule changing,but im still unsecure Very Happy

I will test it ASAP, what can take a bit, since I got some poroblems with one of my legs -> got to lay the most of times and thats not the ideal position to play TS -_-

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can play online securely as long as each other player has the fix. Might still work with someone who doesnt have it but could cause recons.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, you can play online with this fix and the other person does not need it...

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too bad this doesn't work with TFD Crying or Very sad ,
as it says please insert TS CD...

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For TFD, it requires a NoCD hack, i wont release one with it applied.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't tried this, but unless Hyper changed the exe in such a manner the filesize has been changed, you should be able to use Nyerguds' TFD Tiberian Sun mod-exe fix.
Just place it in your TS dir and then drag Hyper's Game.exe file on top of the executable to crack it. Take in mind the "fix" checks the registry to see whether TFD is installed or not and won't apply the crack if TFD isn't installed.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow it worked, thanks a lot Very Happy

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can someone sticky this please?

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm, did I made something wrong...? Was a dizzie, IIRC

except.txt
 Description:
Maybe for some reason its the wrong exe...?

Download
 Filesize:  20.74 KB
 Downloaded:  140 Time(s)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, im using it... :S

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Again

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filesize:  20.74 KB
 Downloaded:  160 Time(s)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh my lord... What is going on...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone divided by zero?

...ignore this...

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm, well,I never experienced WCEs before, so, I guess its just my system which makes it up side down xD
I will see if I still get WCE with using the nomal .exe... I will test DDraw, too, though I got black sceen last time I used it

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Crimmy: if you mention to ignore your post, why post it at all then?
@ Ordosherrscher: if you haven't got any WCE, why do you use this fix then? Don't fix what's not broken #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
@ Crimmy: if you mention to ignore your post, why post it at all then?

Because spam =/= reason.

D:

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:

@ Ordosherrscher: if you haven't got any WCE, why do you use this fix then? Don't fix what's not broken #Tongue

I remember now... I got WCE since some months (I HATE IT). They began with updating my grafic driver(?). I installed the NVIDIA Control Center and since then my pc caused some weird errors (some strange 'lag' switching to Tiberian Sun/Diablo II/even starting Final Sun, I get waveclasserrors, etc.)
And the most weird thing is now, that hypers fix doesnt fix it (I also notice that the dizzie doesnt even touch the screen border - WTF?!?)

Anyone know how to downgrade driver? -_-
AFAIK even ddraw doesnt work

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordosherrscher wrote:
Anyone know how to downgrade driver? -_-

Which operating system? IIRC:
- In XP: Device Manager -> Properties of nVidia Card, button 'Previous version' or 'Change driver'.
- In Vista/Win7: Device Manager, Uninstall, check the 'Delete drivers' box, install older driver.
- Pre-XP: just install the older driver, it won't check anything and just use it as if it were a new one.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like you can see here, it doesn't even touch the goddamn border! I really don't know much about waveclass errors, but... Never heard of smth like that

EDIT: to make it more visible, I made another screen of a different error

WTFError2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.25 KB
 Viewed:  20081 Time(s)

WTFError2.PNG

WTFError.PNG
 Description:
Did you have any clue whats going on here? Its always like that when I get the error
 Filesize:  72.16 KB
 Viewed:  20085 Time(s)

WTFError.PNG

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tbh, that might be related to your modding... I don't see the disruptor screwing up there.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to agree. Since the disruptor beam is rendered fine on the full length as shown on the picture, I assume it has something to do with the way you coded the weapon, the projectile or the warhead. It looks more like it crashes when the disruptor hits the target and not due to rendering the disruptor wave itself.

Public SHPs

Tools

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the IE points to a location just before the fix, related to drawing the beam, nothing else...

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modding. Funny, that this is the vanilla beam Rolling Eyes
I gave the infantry the weapon at this map, but I didnt change anything else. That was just an example, how it happens for me, actually it seems that I get just dizzie errors, not any laser ATM.

I really hate my system o.o Can't even draw properly the dizzie beam (though this happens onky when im scrolling up - just like a normale WCE. I really don't know how to fix it - tried to downgrade my drivers, though I can't find a driver old enough for my graficcard. Thats typical for me -_-)

Astor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not sure, if this is the right place. But is there any WCE fix which doesn't need a CD?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon