Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Twisted Insurrection Mapping Competition
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject:  Twisted Insurrection Mapping Competition
Subject description: .:: Relaunched by Heavy Request ::.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone. I've wanted to host a Mapping Competition again for a while, but wanted to do something different rather than standard Tiberian Sun or Red Alert 2 mapping, so Crimsonum suggested I host a Twisted Insurrection Mapping Competition, so I'm going to go forward with the idea. This competition has already been hosted once before, but was cancelled due-to certain time issues.
Now I announce to you the Twisted Insurrection Mapping Competition relaunch!
(Note that the rules have changed from the previous announcement)

Rules:

1 - Only One map per entrant.
2 - Map remakes from any C&C game are allowed, but they must be remade from scratch, not just modified versions of the originals.
3 - If you post any previews of your maps anywhere before the competition deadline, you will be disqualified and your map will be marked as void and will not be judged in the competition.
4 - You may modify your submission after you have submitted it, but be sure to get the new submission to me (Aro) on time.
5 - Entries must be submitted to Aro (Me) via Private Message by the 30th of January 2012 (00:00 GMT)
6 - Twisted Insurrection staff members may also enter the competition

Judging:

Judging will be done by Aro (me) and Crimsonum...

You will be judged on:

- Map Detail
- Map Layout
- Map Lighting (10 points for Invisible Light Posts & 10 points for Global Lighting)
- General Gameplay on your submission
- Triggers

Will be out of 100 points, based on the criteria listed just above.

- 20 points for Detail
- 20 points for Layout
- 20 points for Lighting
- 20 points for Game play
- 20 points for Triggers.

Detailing points will be mostly based on how you use the new terrain additions as well as the standard mapping tiles. Also remember that lighting is split in two, you will receive a maximum of 10 points for your Global lighting and a maximum of 10 points for your use of invisible light posts, this is also important for the judges to remember.

You can download Twisted Insurrection: Public Beta 3 here which comes with Final TI (TI's map editor). I also highly recommend that you read through the Twisted Insurrection: Mappers Guide before starting on your map.

Prizes:

The best maps will be made official Twisted Insurrection maps. By default, the first, second and third place winners will each receive a TI Mapping Competition signature/banner. More prizes to be announced.

Good luck to everybody whom decides to enter, we're looking forward to seeing your creativity.

Last edited by Aro on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
.:: Relaunched by Heavy Request ::.

I see what you did there #Tongue

Anyways, I know what I'm gonna do. And it must look like a thing! xD

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[TiberianFuture] wrote:
Quote:
.:: Relaunched by Heavy Request ::.

I see what you did there #Tongue

Oh, you think? Your pestering was enough to make me consider suicide. #evil

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map editor doesn't work in Beta 3.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try deleting FinalSun.ini.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It did not help. It only made the error appear after two seconds instead of right away. "TibSun.mix could not be loaded."
Well. It is a strange error, even moreso considering this did not appear in Beta 2.

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Open FinalSun.ini, then go to [TS]. Change the filepath after "exe=" to the location of Twisted Insurrection's executable.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Solved. Thanks everybody Smile

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good timing! I've got winter break coming up, maybe I can rustle up something

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

LordCesare
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

copy and paste Twisted Insurrection on the browser, it will find the exe

Team : Mentalmeister | Mapper for Mental Omega 3.0

Team : TO Project | Mapper for Tiberian Odyssey

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Xmas patch (released on the 24th of December) will include a fix for Final TI, I'll extend the deadline to the 30th of January.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*belch* So who put tiberium on their grass?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This competition was kind of a fail, only one guy has actually entered. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make that 2.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well...lol, i think you guys should have posted the competition topic in the announcements forum, cause LOL, i just saw it today, in the last day. XP

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, we rather failed at promoting the comp. I wonder if Aro would like to re-host it once more? Very Happy

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suppose I could extend the deadline one final time.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

extend it to March and I could probably throw in that one map I was working on.

You've already seen it, but it hasn't been posted to the public

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would even extend it to June or July, considering the amount of time necessary for a good detailed map and that those who hear for the first time about it, would only start now.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Err, I completed Epsilon City in less than a month, and I only worked on it a few days a week.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm working on a map for over 6 months now and it isn't even half finish, because i have only a few hours time in a month. Especially TI maps are imo very time consuming due to the huge amount of placeable details.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum