Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am
All times are UTC + 0
Bug/Glitch
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject:  Bug/Glitch
Subject description: menu visualizations
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When i try to navigate through the menus or open them the screen freezes and then i have to minimize then reenter to see the new menus or options but ingame its fine. The problem is i cant see the options at all in skirmish or the maps i chose because the screen wont read it. I cant even see the bar changed when i set game speed, difficulty, faction or anything uness i minimize and go back in. Can someone help me out...the launcher wont let me fix it?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bug/Glitch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lopunny777 wrote:
When i try to navigate through the menus or open them the screen freezes and then i have to minimize then reenter to see the new menus or options but ingame its fine. The problem is i cant see the options at all in skirmish or the maps i chose because the screen wont read it. I cant even see the bar changed when i set game speed, difficulty, faction or anything uness i minimize and go back in. Can someone help me out...the launcher wont let me fix it?

I had the same issue.
I'm playing on a laptop, and noticed a strange thing - whenever I didn't had power supply, the menu workes as it should! I checked what would be that different, and finally found it: I had two graphiccards and the one, which got activated with power supply, didn't work with TS.
Maybe it helps you, too - the gracca may be incomaptible

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoops indeed. I forgot PB4 introduced the launcher and still remembered the PB3 layout. Laughing

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

on the screen resolution screen i click detect but literally nothing happens...i have windows 7 btw

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What kind of System do you have? (Which GPU and which drivers)
Try updating your GraCa drivers.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume an Intel. That's known to do such and if I'm right, no driver update can fix that. -_-

That's why that tool exists. RA2 menu also generates this thing.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Still not fixed menu freeze Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seriously...does anyone have a fix...i want to play this game again badly...but i cant because of this...i thought the update would fix this...makes me wonder if the game needs to be scrapped and redone on a newer Cnc game so its compatible

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Still not fixed menu freeze Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lopunny777 wrote:
makes me wonder if the game needs to be scrapped and redone on a newer Cnc game so its compatible

More like Intel needs to fix their graphics drivers since the game works perfectly on Nvidia and AMD graphics processing units. Unfortunately the staff cannot do anything to fix Intel's drivers.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Still not fixed menu freeze Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lopunny777 wrote:
seriously...does anyone have a fix...
There's no driver fix AFAIK. If you have multiple GPUs, force the game to use the other GPU instead of the Intel GPU. If you don't have any other GPUs, use LH_Mouse's fix. Graion already gave you the link for the fix at the top of this post. LH_Mouse, not Machine. If it still doesn't work, then too bad for you.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I propose a different (universal) way to solve this problem. I made a small package based on WineD3D and utilities MoveToTray. Just unzip the files in a folder with the game.
To start the game, use the run.bat. I configured it to run ra2md.exe, if you want to use this tool with RA2 or TS, then you have to replace 'ra2md.exe' run.bat in the corresponding *.exe file
WineD3D does not allow minimizing the game the classical way (Win or Alt+Tab). Therefore, in order to minimize the game, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+M. The game will be minimized to the system tray.

Edit: Also, it can take an adventure video mode at 16 bit color. In Windows8 it can be done in a setting compatibility ra2md.exe.

DDraw.dll_for_menu_bug.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DDraw.dll_for_menu_bug.rar
 Filesize:  730.61 KB
 Downloaded:  61 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum