Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Some ideas for civillian units.
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject:  Some ideas for civillian units. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remaking the civilian vehicles has been on the to-do-list for a while, we recently took on another voxel artist to fulfill this role. Maybe something like that will make it into the build, we'll see. Smile

fakeskins
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm...turning civilians into armed militia men sounds like an ideea. The context is there and giving them some weapons and a few light armored vehicles or post apocalypse style improved armor on simple vehicles would be a nice touch.(for civilians that are not in the so called blue zones that is)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account
Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Remaking the civilian vehicles has been on the to-do-list for a while, we recently took on another voxel artist to fulfill this role. Maybe something like that will make it into the build, we'll see. Smile

Really? It is a possibility to see the POW Truck(as a civillian truck) in TI,right?In one of the future builds of course.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a possibility.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Henskelion
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

imho a militia/guerrilla faction would be a good idea, maybe as a corollary to the existing mutant faction. Might be fun to design some Mad Max style vehicles for them, and maybe have them use a handful of TD units.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Some ideas for civillian units. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Some ideas for civillian units. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's practically RA2 sized - I'd intended to use it as the mobile form of a deployable command station, but it just stood out too much by way of scale so I never really finished the deploy anims and stuff.

armrdtrk_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  964.24 KB
 Viewed:  5258 Time(s)

armrdtrk_000.gif

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I see,you did a very nice job with the POW Truck voxel.I really like it!!!

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hava a few ideas for civilian/miscellaneous units and buildings too:

Armed civilians: from what I remember, some of the models for civilian units already have attack animations (eg: pistol shooting to the Technician). Removing the panic mode and panic animation, tweaking with the weapon to make it stronger against infantry/weak armor and having infinite shots (opposed to 10 in Technician) should be enough to make them. These can be used to make angry mobs and as general annoyance for troops passing through cities and villages in skirmish maps.

Police/security guards: kind of a similar idea to the armed civilians above, except that it would require a recolor of one of the current civilian models. They should have slightly better health and armor compared to armed civilians. Those can be used in campaign (maybe an early Nod campaign where your task is to take control of a city?) as well as on skirmish maps as minor annoyance.

Police car: basically a recolor of the taxi model currently in the Public Beta 4 to make it look like a police car.

Construction equipment: stuff like dumpers, excavators and bulldozers. Something to put around civilian construction outposts to make them more realistic looking.

Armed pickup truck: a civilian equivalent for old Nod attack buggy. It should have a machine gun with a slightly better range than basic infantry's main weapon, and it have a turret that can fire while the vehicle moves. This way you have a really annoying anti-infantry unit.

ICBM Launcher: basically the same thing as in the original Tiberian Sun. When deployed, it fires a nuclear missile over some decent range, making it something of a minor super weapon. To avoid abuse, those should have very slow speed, weak armor and high reload wait time.

Civilian hospital: same as the one in original Tiberian Sun. It can heal troops, but can't be used to train medics and expanding bases. I like the concept of Globotech hospital, but this is for the areas which are not controlled by Globotech.

Civilian armory: uses same image as the original, and can only be used to upgrade your infantry. Similar idea to the civilian hospital above.

Civilian array: uses same image to the original and acts as a radar and short range sensor. It is also seen in areas where there is no Globotech present.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A civillian faction(before "The Forgotten")would be nice. But I don't know if it's gonna make it to one of Twisted Insurrection's future builds.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be a bit too much if civilians had ICBMs (InterContinental Ballistic Missiles) since that is something a military really don't want to forget somewhere...

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Agent Z wrote:
It would be a bit too much if civilians had ICBMs (InterContinental Ballistic Missiles) since that is something a military really don't want to forget somewhere...

I was thinking this could be just one of the things you could find at random in crates around the map.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another idea.Not a civillian unit actually but I think that the Goliath tank needs a medium tank brother,something like this:

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/27/others/screen013.jpg

I know that GDI has already the Abrams Tank during TD chronicles, something like this will make a good medium variant tank for GDI during TI chronicles. It's just an idea.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steve_1993 wrote:
Another idea.Not a civillian unit actually but I think that the Goliath tank needs a medium tank brother,something like this:

I know that GDI has already the Abrams Tank during TD chronicles, something like this will make a good medium variant tank for GDI during TI chronicles. It's just an idea.

Goliath is a Medium tank/MBT #Tongue

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Steve_1993 wrote:

Goliath is a Medium tank/MBT #Tongue

Really?I thought it was a heavy one.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The MKII is the heavy tank for GDI.

Also, I like the ideas Sharpshooter pointed out, other than the ICBM. The problem with that is the undeploy-redeploy glitch overrides the reload time. Plus, an ICBM is a bit overpowered for civvies.

I do like the idea of Civ's fighting back. I suppose since this timeline is gritty and tough to live in, people have become a bit hardier, and it would make sense for them to take up arms.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to admit that the MK2 is truly GDI's heavy tank,with the difference that it's a walker.Maybe the concept art tank is no good for the GDI,it would be a really nice addition for the civillian resistance(if any).I mean the concept art tank could be the civillian version of GDI's Goliath Tank.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:

Also, I like the ideas Sharpshooter pointed out, other than the ICBM. The problem with that is the undeploy-redeploy glitch overrides the reload time. Plus, an ICBM is a bit overpowered for civvies.

I do like the idea of Civ's fighting back. I suppose since this timeline is gritty and tough to live in, people have become a bit hardier, and it would make sense for them to take up arms.

Uh...

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
daTS wrote:

Uh...

Only one solution: GloboTech!!!

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But are Globotech civilians? I was thinking they were a corporation.

About Globotech, is it based (the name at least) on the Globotech from the movie "Tiny Soldiers" (or something like that)?  They were a corporation with their own military.
Or maybe it was a other movie, since "Tiny Soldiers" had many references from other movies.

Sharpshooter
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
daTS wrote:

Uh...

So I'm guessing there's no way to make the ICBM launcher playable in game without making it too strong or too weak?

I thought that Globotech had limited presense, and there would be countries/regions which for whatever reason would have to take on arms to defend themselves. Not to mention, stuff like police and random security personel would make sense to include in any reasonably large cities regardless.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
daTS wrote:

Uh...

You misinterpret my meaning, my son. I meant more in rural areas and smaller towns (because Globotech, while large, aren't everywhere at all times), you'd have the old country folk taking up arms with their hunting rifles and such. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum