Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mammoth Artillery
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject:  Mammoth Artillery Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI's MLRS Walker is it's artillery which can also be accompanied by Siege Infantry which have almost as long a range as Moles. We have seen that concept before, but it's not something we feel would fit in our unit lists.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're thinking fast for this mod,that's why I like it.And now that you mentioned the MLRS Walker,I have a question for it. Will the MLRS Walker have a facelift in the near future?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steve_1993 wrote:
Will the MLRS Walker have a facelift in the near future?

yes. complete new art will be done.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Steve_1993 wrote:
Will the MLRS Walker have a facelift in the near future?

yes. complete new art will be done.

I'm half-disappointed, I thought the MLRS Walker looked awesome.

In any case, don't change the design for the Kazuar, it looks perfect the way it is.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The MLRS Walker has been long overdue for a role/image polishing, the current one reminds me too much of a frog. Kazuar will possibly get a facelift of some kind too.

Henskelion
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the main problem with the MRLS walker as it is currently is less the design and more its animation. Its walk cycle leaves its body completely motionless, which looks unnatural and actually kind of unsettling. If the animation were modified to have the body bob up and down as it walked it would look a hundred times better.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
The MLRS Walker has been long overdue for a role/image polishing, the current one reminds me too much of a frog. Kazuar will possibly get a facelift of some kind too.

Awww...I'd say add more detail to the actual unit SHP but the cameo looks perfect (for the Kazuar). Next thing to re-do would be (aside from the MLRS Walker) the Hover APC. It looks too small compared to the other voxels and its quality isn't that great, either.

And what about the Scatterpack? Is that one getting a facelift, too?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Scatterpack isn't necessarily in need of a facelift despite it's age, but the Hover APC is already being remade by ErastusMercy.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any plan to change Hovee design?

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was already changed, so I doubt, that it will be changed in the near future yet again #Tongue

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Jerome
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMHO Kazuar doesn't fit currently with the rest of the GDI and have room for 2 extra seat. Atleast someone should check it's description  Wink . Also I'd like to see some wheeled units, since there isn't many of them.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't really understand why GDI has walkers in TI tbh. Walkers are complex and expensive to research, and I don't feel they could fit into GDI's budget.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe because it's cool. :p

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^that
Voxel are imo boring since they are almost never animated. Basically different shaped boxes on wheels or tracks.

Public SHPs

Tools

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We can aswell say shp are basically images changing to other images...
So is pretty much the rest of the game exept the coding.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you completely missed the point.
I didn't meant the technical aspects but the graphical/design ones that come with using VXL or SHPs.
We are talking here about the MLRS walker after all and why it's a walker and not another tank.

SHP: They provide standing, walking, firing frames. Based on a rendered 3d-model they offer very good looking animated, textured and lighted units with a vast variety of designs. Walker, snake like or even pogo-jumping movements are perfectly fine possible which are almost never seen on vxl.

VXL: The only thing they can use is a very limited hva animation which is hard to make look good because of clipping errors, bad shadows, pixelated art, and often simply bad animations.
Thus almost all vxl end up as stiff units like tanks or cars, both basically shaped like a big box on wheels or tracks.

Public SHPs

Tools

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO, save us of your nonsense. Your VXL critique is as artist-dependant as your SHP praise. And I respect you, but your blind VXL hatred is boringly and arrogantly stupid.

I asked for a design reason.

Oh, and point me towards a tilted SHP. Thank you.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is no VXL hatred. If you look on all units ever done, SHPs are mostly walker and VXL are mostly tanks and cars (looking only at the good ones. there are surely also some SHP tanks and walker VXL, but in most cases these end up bad).
It's a simple unbiased fact.

And the reason is simply the pros and cons of each technique.

And now a personal opinion: i find tanks and cars boring because they are stiff and non-animated and sooner or later end up all looking quite the same since they are based on the same basic components: tracks/wheels and a more or less box shaped chassis with or without a turret.
Thus i prefer some SHP units, because when these are done, you can always expect some nice animations and unusual/futuristic/strange/unique design.

Public SHPs

Tools

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
i find tanks and cars boring because they are stiff and non-animated and sooner or later end up all looking quite the same since they are based on the same basic components: tracks/wheels and a more or less box shaped chassis with or without a turret.

But you can also make voxel animations. Just take a look at shin.peter.pan's voxels, they're like animated to the best.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Thus i prefer some SHP units, because when these are done, you can always expect some nice animations and unusual/futuristic/strange/unique design.

No wonder you were that good in designing 3D units. I salute you for that and you deserve a 5 star. I bet, Siege Infantries will also have a remake along with the MLRS walker

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for me the problem isn't voxel or shp it self but it's the way how engine limit their work, even i'm shp fan same to LKO but it didn't mean i don't like good and neat work of voxel that show in community too bad both voxel and shp can be better than this if WW not to lazy to work on it. :p

to be perfect

[both need]
- more animation support. [voxel can have multi separate animation like stand animation,walk,shoot with different hva etc [yes 1 voxel with multiple hva per activity]. while shp need animate turret.

[vxl need]
- correct shadow on animate voxel
- better texture filler [specialize on TS, it's quite sad to see people work really hard to crate their voxel that look so amazing on vxlse viewport but look muzzy in real game.

[shp need]
- 32+ face rotation
- aircraft unit support [only real problem i have with shp...]

but ok it's only modder dream IMO..

however in this topic i only just say the mech is cool not shp is cool if they're good i can accept both vxl and shp anyway. :p

back to topic, i think GDI main artillery is quite different from other mod since it's Mortar Infantry not vehicle...

Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah but the mlrs is so bad to be honest...they just dont have enough range and all they do is spray and pray...mostly hitting your own units...and alot of them at that...i think they need a more focused artillery weapon or the spray goes down and damge goes up because they feel useless...not to mentio the moles pick them off before they even do much bec ause they have power and much better precision

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum