Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tank Destroyer for GDI
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject:  Tank Destroyer for GDI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maat Himself
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the Rail Tank is basically a Tank Destroyer. Nice range and HUGE damage. Lacks in armor, but thats fair!

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

personally i think railgun tank quite useless. with price equal to 2 goliath [which more useful in many situation] but not even stand chance to rifle man spam. it also slow and lack of armor.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Railgun tank has undergone quite a lot of changes, have you tried the latest staff build, HM?

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The railgun tank wiil become a "Railgun Platform", in the next Public Beta,as I know.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but it's new image also portrays it's new stats, picture the prism tank from Red Alert 2. The Railgun tank is now similar to that, but not as lightly armored and much more effective against armor. It is the ultimate support unit being as it's one of the strongest anti-armour units and the strongest anti-aircraft vehicle in the game. You can't win a war with it all by itself, though. A couple of mere Tank Hunters will ruin your life.

I played through Public Beta 4 a few weeks ago so I could play some fans online and I realized just how much has actually changed since the last release, so there may be a bit to get used to.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And I thought that the RA2 Tank Destroyer would be nice to see it in TI,because it doen't need to be turreted(just like the Railgun Tank),and instead of using Railgun's Tank primary weapon,it would use the same primary weapon that Goliath Tank is using,only a bit stronger. But that's just an idea. It would be really nice if GDI's,Nod's and GloboTech's inventories be expanded with a few more tanks(just like that Tank Destroyer in the image).

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Railgun Platform and Globotech Super Goliath handles that job
Holy_Master wrote:
personally i think railgun tank quite useless. with price equal to 2 goliath [which more useful in many situation] but not even stand chance to rifle man spam. it also slow and lack of armor.

I don't think so... In fact, it's more cheaper than the Armature and you can build as many Railgun Platforms as you can.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inserting more conventional arms in roles other than basic units makes less sense in this setting thus tank destroyer using a slightly bigger cannon shell is hardly futuristic unlike railgun and more like outdated/aging technology weapons wise, maybe if TI featured the forgotten they could use such more old fashioned approaches widerly. Plus like said, existing units fulfill the needed role.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DarkVen9109 wrote:
The Railgun Platform and Globotech Super Goliath handles that job
Holy_Master wrote:

I don't think so... In fact, it's more cheaper than the Armature and you can build as many Railgun Platforms as you can.

i still play Beta4 i dont know how it become in Beta 5 since i dont know where i can get it. :p

for Goliath Tank, personally i think only in tank mode alone is enough for him and doesn't seem to need deploy ability anyway. it'll be more cool if he have amphibious ability instead.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, a major difference between TI and RA2 is that TI lacks the amount of armor types to make your Tank Destroyer a tank destroyer (as in: only good vs vehicles/tanks), instead of being an upgunned Goliath with a fancy name.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Also, a major difference between TI and RA2 is that TI lacks the amount of armor types to make your Tank Destroyer a tank destroyer (as in: only good vs vehicles/tanks), instead of being an upgunned Goliath with a fancy name.

Please,can you explain what do you mean with the upgunned Goliath?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steve_1993 wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:

More Powerful? has bigger gun? Does things the same else thus upgunned goliath version 2 since armor types are too shared now so it can't only do vehicles damage and suck vs everything else like true tank destroyer.

Hardly any incentive to add so no, the idea is no good what so ever and brings nothing new or innovative to try warrant it in.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Steve_1993 wrote:
Dutchygamer wrote:

More Powerful? has bigger gun? Does things the same else thus upgunned goliath version 2 since armor types are too shared now so it can't only do vehicles damage and suck vs everything else like true tank destroyer.

Hardly any incentive to add so no, the idea is no good what so ever and brings nothing new or innovative to try warrant it in.

Well,I guess I have to download RA2 to try the Tank Destroyer.

Quadhelix
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:

(I think) I know that the cyborg units use "Light" armor, which is the same as certain light vehicles, but what about a "Tank Destroyer" type unit that was good only against "Heavy" armor?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A lot of things use the same armor type, heavy in particular is not just restricted to vehicles. A weapon doing most damage against Heavy armor would be relatively ineffective against, for example, light vehicles.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you're right.In RA2,althought the Tank Destroyer is causing serious damage to vehicles,it's causing less damage to buildings.So,the Tank Destroyer(if it was in TI) will cause less damage to an enemy unit(with heavy armor),if I'm right

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Depends how it is realized.

Though, it would need an absolute remoddeling of the armor types (which I am in favor, though my opinion doesn't amount to much #Tongue). For example, 'wood' is currently only used by civil buildings, concrete is rarely used either. The main buildings have armortype=heavy, and such things like power have light as armortype...

I would have made it to Light -> wood and Heavy -> concrete. Oh well #Tongue

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Quadhelix
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
A lot of things use the same armor type, heavy in particular is not just restricted to vehicles.
That may or may not be problematic

Crimsonum wrote:
A weapon doing most damage against Heavy armor would be relatively ineffective against, for example, light vehicles.
That's the idea: a unit that's effective against armored units like tanks but vulnerable to light vehicles.

Nordos wrote:
The main buildings have armortype=heavy, and such things like power have light as armortype...
Depending on which buildings have light armor, this could work to the unit's advantage.

E.g., this "Tank Destroyer" would be weak against any base defenses using the Light armor-type and strong against base defenses and structures using the Heavy armor-type. Depending on which base defenses use which armor-type, this might wind up making the unit weak against all base defenses (which works well for its role of anti-tank) or e.g., weak against Laser Turrets but strong against Obelisks (which works well for its role of "anti-high tech").

It's ability to do effective damage against the "main buildings" would simply be a nice bonus.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum