Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm
All times are UTC + 0
GDI mission 8
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
kyouma
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject:  GDI mission 8
Subject description: Help on completing it.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me a few tips on how you are supposed to pass the 8th mission of GDI. To me it seems impossible to get past all of those enemy salvage teams but that's just me.

Some kind of walkthrough would be appreciated if someone would be kind enough to spare some time.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Kyouma,

GDI Mission 8 is indeed a difficult mission, in some cases, a little bit too difficult and tedious. Just for your information, this has now been fixed for the next release. The mission has been revised in terms of it's gameplay and difficult levels, so it isn't as much of a chore as it currently is in the public release.

- Do not read past this point to avoid spoilers -

Getting past the salvage teams is in fact the easiest part of the mission, but it is wise to avoid hurling your units blindly at the enemy teams. By Mission 8, you should be aware of what units have what abilities/strengths/weaknesses so you are capable of distinguishing what units to use against certain enemy units.

Some of the first teams consist mostly of infantry and a larger vehicle such as an Eclipse tank. Use the Kazuars to take out the infantry (light infantry to remove enemies like Tank Hunters) and then send in your Goliaths to eradicate any heavy units like Flame Tanks, Eclipse Tanks, Hammerheads etc. Every time you kill an enemy salvage team, you will receive reinforcements, so if you save enough of your units, this shouldn't be a big problem.

A little tip for getting past the last salvage teams: In the bottom left corner of the map, there are some scattered enemy infantry. Use your Kazuars to kill whatever infantry you find and proceed to the very corner of the map, if all enemies have been cleared out and the path is safe, you will receive some heavy reinforcements (3-5 Goliaths, if I remember correctly) at that location. This will give you more than enough firepower to plow through the rest of the teams.

Once you beat the salvage teams and proceed a little to the north, the enemy base and final objectives will be revealed. The defenses in this base are hard to penetrate, but your best bet is aircraft, MLRS Walkers and the newly introduced Siege Infantry to break through the lines of defense.

Good luck and have fun.

Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- SPOILER ALERT -

Sorry if I'm interrupting,but in this mission,how Nod obtained RA1 chronosphere?

- SPOILER ALERT -

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nobody knows!

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No only Kane knows Exclamation

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it Kane? Or is it Yuri? Razz

Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who knows Question

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Steve_1993
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri got knocked out by Kane,if it's true.

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanna see a cutscene of them kung-fu fighting. Actually, Hell March would work really nicely as the background track for such a scene.

But I digress. I did it by building an assload of walls and putting pavement everywhere I could to mitigate the destructive potential of the AI's artillery. I then focused on bringing down the enemy construction yard and war factory using Orcas. Once that was done, I used jumpjets and Orcas to take out the remaining artillery guarding the south side of the base, and slowly chipped away at the other defenses with siege infantry. Once the artillery is out of the picture for good, it's practically in the bag.

Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok thats just impossible...the chronosphere is in the other CnC timeline so there's no way they could even find one....i know my cnc history... i just hurled my units at them but i know what units to hit hard and fast...plus this mission is so freakin unfair for Nod...i sieged them to death after conyard fell and had 5 maxed ranked marauders to shut down any units coming from them lol

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Watch the soviet ending cinematic, Red Alert 1 was a prequel to Tiberian Dawn before EA squeezed Red Alert 2 out of Westwood.

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Last edited by ErastusMercy on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

TheLostSabre
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lopunny777 wrote:
ok thats just impossible...the chronosphere is in the other CnC timeline so theres no way they could even find one

Red Alert 1 arguably is considered the beginning of both the Red Alert and Tiberium timeline. Though this was hotly debated and probably still is. Dunno where the theory originally came from but that's what I heard.

After all, Kane was in Red Alert and Einstein's Chronosphere was also there but I'll shut up now. I don't want this to become a mindless debate. #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum