Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
PB5 - first look
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject:  PB5 - first look Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Packaging
- if done in rar or 7-zip format, it saves like 35mb for TI and 15mb for DTA on the full downloads

Launcher
- doesn't save short game status. It is always checked when launched. Checkbox contrast would be better
if the background was not grey for the green tick.
- an option for cameo text enable/disable or enabled by default in ini, that would help first time players
- doesn't allow change like more than 10000 credits even if changed in rules.ini/spawn.ini.
- even a byte of change in any file, pops up yes/no dialog. Would help if it was a status info rather than
a dialog for offline modder+player like me.
- version file still says [DTA].
- attaching 125% dpi problem images, less for DTA than TI. UI is fine if game.dat is run as game.exe.

Game
- played a skirmish, overall it is dark, eyes got strained. Screen contrast helped a little more than brightness.
Will try reducing the resolution further down from 1600x900 for better visibility.
- queue count is still trouble to view for GDI sidebar
- any documentaion available?
- survival mode - was expecting something like alien shooter/crimsonland games. Turned out to be survival
of the fittest for human players only.
- uneven voice select/move etc. audibility. Harvester select being the lowest.

On the positive, congrats on the PB5 release, city maps are a treat to watch in TI. Well formatted rules.ini
this time. Welcome removal of AI double factories, clogging up the base that was in PB4.

HighDPI.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  HighDPI.zip
 Filesize:  344.87 KB
 Downloaded:  12 Time(s)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA references have been changed to TI in the UI, but internally it's still a client originally made for DTA; so things that are usually invisible to the user (like the version file) might have DTA references in them.

Run the Client with the -NOVERIFY parameter to eliminate the version mismatch dialog.

Amount of money is hardcoded in the client. You should be able to change it in spawn.ini and then run Game.dat with the (-?) SPAWN parameter to get into the game. When running via the Client, it always rewrites spawn.ini => editing it has no effect.

High DPI is not supported. It might be in the future though.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Params -NOVERIFY and -SPAWN helped.

On high dpi, all button clicks are working, so no functinality problems. No need to give priority for just UI.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played an online match on DTA and I could have sworn the starting cash was 30000, but while looking through the launcher options, the max money is 10000.

I guess from now on, all commanders are poor as ztype, at least from what they can do in the launcher program.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think old max was 20000.
But 10000 is more than enough imo (Though a combobox with additional manual number-input would be indeed better). One of the main aspects of the C&Cs was always the economy management, and with so much money you don't really have to care about economy. Just stupidly build units and refs.

With something like 5000 you already have to think if you build a second ref or start an early rush attack.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The skirmish max is 10 000 and the CnCNet max is 20 000. It is this way for both DTA and TI, and for DTA it has always been so since the Client system was introduced (last December).

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that I think about it,  I would like the addition of the Skirmish starting cash to have a 20,000 option for newer players. In a mod like this where nothing is the same it takes some getting used to. If you could find the time to apply the option to the Skirmish crrdits box I would be grateful. Smile

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it needed to hardcode the starting credits in launcher?

On savegames from launcher:

On resume, the game speed is at maximum. For a skirmish game resumed from savegame, it is game over
before I can do anything in case of DTA. Game would have changed completely for TI. For campaign, you
get time to go into options and reduce gamespeed but that might also have some affect. This behaviour
might be happening because the way launcher gets into game.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Is it needed to hardcode the starting credits in launcher?

Not really, I just haven't generally thought much about modders when making the client (I've catered more to pure gamers, not modders). I might make the starting credit choices customizable via a Rules.ini key in the future, however.
Aro wrote:
Now that I think about it,  I would like the addition of the Skirmish starting cash to have a 20,000 option for newer players. In a mod like this where nothing is the same it takes some getting used to. If you could find the time to apply the option to the Skirmish crrdits box I would be grateful. Smile

I guess I'll do that later today.

The game speed issue on loading a saved game appears to be a bug in the spawner, more precisely the game ignoring GameSpeed= under the [Options] section in Settings.ini/SUN.ini when loading a saved game (via -SPAWN only?). Fixing it is something Iran will have to do.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye, whats funny about having more than 10000 starting cash in TS, you have to build alot of silos/refs at start so that all your harvester dumps don't go to waste, simply because you have too much god damn satan praise money...

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum