Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
What license did you choose ?
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
xanax
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject:  What license did you choose ? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello.

What license did you choose for your project?

I searched a bit in the text files of the installation folder and if I found the license for QRes, I didn't find it for Twisted Insurrection itself.
Your project is really great but is it possible to reuse one (or several) SHP files for another mod? (of course with your permission + a message saying that the SHP files are made by you + a link that leads to these boards maybe)?

Perhaps you could pick a Creative Commons license (they apply to artistic stuff): http://creativecommons.org/choose/

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We do not condone the usage of Twisted Insurrection assets in other public modifications,  things like that are one of the issues that deprive a mod of being unique. People may use their assets in a private mod of course, but not in a public mod. This is mentioned throughout our websites, despite not being in the mod directory itself, it is however stated in the credits.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
We do not condone the usage of Twisted Insurrection assets in other public modifications,  things like that are one of the issues that deprive a mod of being unique. People may use their assets in a private mod of course, but not in a public mod. This is mentioned throughout our websites, despite not being in the mod directory itself, it is however stated in the credits.

For the sake of future occurrences, it would be wise to package with a license that states this.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It will be done.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
things like [assets] are one of the issues that deprive a mod of being unique.

AS is being done with 90% public assets. I'm interested in your thoughts regarding it.  Laughing

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not saying mods that use Public Assets are bad, not at all, I do however find it boring how the same assets are used in lots of mods. If you've done a mod well with Public Assets, then kudos. I will play your mod upon its release. #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was implying the HOLYHELLWTFARETHOSECOLORZ fact but otherwise I see what you meant. It's pretty hard to twist out a graphic in this engine and there aren't many viable solutions at all - and the viable ones are such extremist that most people can't even bothered to take that step and/or invest the effort to take it right.

Last edited by Graion Dilach on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've seen previews of A.S. and it's purple buildings. I find it somewhat refreshing, to be honest. Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum