Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
Campaign Missions need to be simplified
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:  Campaign Missions need to be simplified Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know there are players not happy with the mission making and playing with this game. Not only they are tough but also they are too dull on a fun factor. There's barely any fun factor in most of the missions. For example, GDI Mission 08. That mission was absolutely ridiculous. No one can build an Orca Bomber even there's only one on the field, Tiberium is so limited to harvest nearby the GDI airfield base and too few units to play with that aren't strong enough even the toughest Nod units out there. The number one issue with most campaign missions is the limited amount of Tiberium put nearby a building base unlike the ones from the original Tiberian Sun.

As for difficulty, that was berserk. What I thought based from mission difficulties:
Easy --> Hard
Medium --> Brutal
Hard --> Impossible

Suggestions on future patches:
1) On some campaign missions, starting amount should be around 10000, not 5000 or less, even with limited Tiberium, and that makes playing the mission longer than usual.
2) Need more Tiberium nearby a building base on certain missions. Tiberium re-growth should be the same as C&C3.
3) Helipads should cost 500, not 1000. It should be the same amount from Tsun.
4) Make AI spawning units and enemy units on the field less in easy difficulty, not by an insane amount.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be nice to see easy difficult made easier in the future. Although I'm not sure if you can change triggers to activate only on certain difficulties.

I tried to mimic TI's mission style with my own campaign, and although I can complete the missions generally, it's contingent on me having insider knowledge on how the map works.

Most TI missions are made in such a way that you really can't win on your first try. This just seems unfair to me, not challenging.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What seems to be required to win most of the TI missions is good unit management skills and understanding how the different units work. I would say the difficulty levels seems to be quite ok, but on the other hand I didn't try playing on easy.
It seems that some might underestimate for example infantry, which made me win about 60%-70% of the missions, while I rarerly used heavy tanks (too expensive, breaks too easily).

I would disagree about the money being too low, as there will always be either too much money or not enought. Low amounts of money definetly makes it more important to build the right things, rather than making a tank spam for example.

TheLostSabre
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Build more refineries; having at least 2-3 will really make a difference in your economy. Also build more barracks and war factories as they increase production speed of units.

As Agent Z said above, infantries will really help as they are cost effective and efficient. Getting vehicles are often expensive and takes a bit longer to build them compare to infantries That isn't to say to not build vehicles, just don't make them your central units. A good army is a balance of both infantries and vehicle and utilizing their roles to the fullest.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

go into the rules and adjust it to your bidding. nothing wrong with modding a mod. tiberium growth and value is easy to adjust.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
go into the rules and adjust it to your bidding. nothing wrong with modding a mod. tiberium growth and value is easy to adjust.

You could also edit the maps themselves. Just open up Final TI and access the "missions" subfolder inside the "missions" folder. Add more units or credits to your heart's desire then save. It'll prevent you from playing online until you do an update to remove the editing though.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. It doesn't prevent you from playing online.
It will warn you that you are incompatible, though if the change doesn't affect the game (eg, changing a map you aren't playing), you will be able to play just fine. Though the others will also see that you are incompatible (or supposed so) and may tell you to patch.

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum