Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
GDI Mission 11 bug?
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:  GDI Mission 11 bug? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI Mission 11 happens to be another flawed mission map alongside Nod Mission 14. Why? No Orca Carryalls and Amphibious APC to build to get to the fort, all of this relys on a Commando to board the black train to the fort island and let him destroy the opposition and get an enemy engineer to repair the bridge. That is the worst scenario ever planned in all of C&C mods because that mission objective happens to be buggy at times and when it's buggy the mission is impossible to accomplish.

The first time I did this mission was the first PB5 release of the mod. After the latest patch (which is patch 35), the mission got a little simpler (due to that extra Tiberium field near the first building base) but this is where the bug comes in. When I got the Commando to board the black train (not white train), nothing happens. When I destroy all the defenses on the fort island and clearing the railway from enemies, nothing happens. When I deploy the two convoy trucks into their proper positions and I sent the third one near the fort base, somehow it disappears off the map (or got destroyed by the enemy), the mission did not fail and still nothing happens for the train to move. Another weird thing is that the convoy truck to get the stuff from that research center in the northeast somehow got undeployed and got selected again in the field.

As for the fort, make the Orca Carryall and Amphibious APC buildable in this mission regardless of the Commando boarding the train. That part should be an optional secondary mission objective (enough to make a surprise attack). I kept relying on Orca Fighters destroying the defenses, structures and the vehicles from the fort as well as the main bases. Putting Orca Carryalls carry an Engineer in a TW APC, some tanks and a convoy truck should be easy to do for the fort base attack, allowing some saved time.

Also why are the Vulcan Walkers and Goliath Tanks cost 300 credits more from their regular cost? There's no point for that reason. The new units used from GlobalTech are not quite as powerful as from the vanilla GDI units. Also the MCV should be buildable in Mission 11 rather than having an Engineer to re-capture the base in the Southeast just to claim as that secondary base.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum