Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
Globotech as a playable faction
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mozdimester
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject:  Globotech as a playable faction Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Like Aro`s work in TI so much

is it possible in the near future to globotech are become a playeble
faction?

I like to get new structures units and vehicles for start and maybe adding some aircraft and be some nawal units too.

I registered here almost a year ago or maybe older i watched other peoples work.

I think ti is way ahead of its time it is showing us the future what TS engine can do in a Gernius hand.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not in skirmish, but there are plans for some globotech missions where you can play as them.

Naval units are probably off the charts permanently given its decided they just don't work too well here except for some mission presence.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you, but I am not the sole developer of the mod, the rest of the team play just as big a role as I do (the not-so-lazy ones at least). Apollo above for example is the reason why we have nice explosions and other animations. Wink

Apollo pretty much summed it up, there are no plans (for good reason) to add GloboTech as a playable faction, plus it's best not to give us the extra work-load as we would like to finish the project as soon as we possibly can thus this additional work would just lengthen the development time for Twisted Insurrection 1.0. A few GloboTech campaign missions on the other hand wouldn't be as much of a chore and would be something fun for me and Q45 to do when the campaign missions are finished.
Graphics and such will all be done over the course of time, we're all busy so our time to work on and play the mod is very limited.

Navy was attempted and then pulled from the mod for multiple reasons as Apollo said, namely because it wasn't working how we desired. Navy isn't completely abandoned however, it is a possibility for the future, albeit an unlikely one.

Last edited by Aro on Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe in a future, far far away, GT becomes a fully functional side.
Right now the most limiting aspect is the lack of graphics.
As long as there are still many buildings and units for GDI and Nod left to do, it would be unwise to add even more work by adding GT as another side.

I wouldn't say naval units are removed forever. When everything else is finish, someone might start working on all the necessary changes (mainly terrain editing) to make ships pathfinding work reasonable well.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hell, making GloboTech 100% playable could be something for us to do when everything else is finally done and we become bored. #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess the next big and much more important and useful step will be the implementation of Rampa's new client to TI.
Using all the awesome functionalities of that client will really boost TI's gameplay. Especially all the new possible gamemodes like Co-Op Multiplayer mini campaigns.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think it's doable to create a properly functioning navy without mostly sacrificing amphibious units (the method to get this to work will give any amphibious unit horrible pathfinding after all).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I don't think it's doable to create a properly functioning navy without mostly sacrificing amphibious units (the method to get this to work will give any amphibious unit horrible pathfinding after all).

What? All you have to do is make sure you place water correctly in a map and naval units will work just fine. I've tested this. The reason ships couldn't navigate but short distances in earlier TI versions was because the 2x2 water tiles were often placed partly on top each other, which somehow broke the pathfinding of ships. Placing the tiles nicely next to each other and correctly filling 1x1 holes with the appropriate 1x1 tiles made the ships work again.

However, naval transports would probably require new shore art (again) that visually supports ground and naval units moving on it (i.e. something like shallow water).

I don't in fact remember why we gave up on the navy, they were pretty imbalanced but surely that wasn't the sole reason? Of course, fixing every map with water would've been a pain too.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well globotech is a long shot and in the farthest future we might add ATLAS from Advanced-warfare thats fight globotech to gain contracts with GDI and nod #Tongue or maybe globotech sides with GDI and ATLAS sides with nod #Tongue

Mozdimester
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well thats answered all my questions related here
Thank you guys!

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why doesn't the AI capture Globotech structures ?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because the AI lacks such scripts at the moment. Hopefully our AI editor Dutchy can get them working for future updates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum