Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
My Feedback For TI
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Valherran
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:00 am    Post subject:  My Feedback For TI Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So after I figured out how all of the units and structures work, I started playing on higher settings against AI and did some 1v1s and 2v2s against my C&C team. Well, after a good 2 days of solid playing, I gotta say this is shaping up to be one quality MOD. I do have a few issues that me and my buddies want to address:

1. Flame damage is way OP. Nod's flame troopers and Devil Tongues do ridiculous damage and we feel it should be toned down a little. Same with the lingering fire spots that start up when explosives go off, it does ridiculous damage to anything going over it. It really is kind of silly that a tank loses nearly 1/4 of their HP parked on top of a fire spot. I'm not sure if you altered this in any way, but I don't recall it doing this much in vanilla TS.

2. Sight range is too small and needs to be increased. The unit sprites have grown double/triple in size, and there is sooooo much vegetation that it is hard to see where you are going, let alone be able to see what is what. It was very difficult to navigate the campaign maps with all of the small back roads being surrounded by metric tons of trees. We feel the sight range of everything needs to be increased so we can see more than 3 cells in front of us.

3. There is too much vegetation. As said earlier, it was difficult to see anything with all of that vegetation covering the maps. But there is also so much vegetation that it made it very difficult to build a large base in most maps. We have the option to build about 3-4 cells away from the nearest building, and that's good because things have grown in size and it would look really clunky with everything compacted together. But, we are kind of forced to build very compacted, so the bases are cluttered up and it sometimes is hard to tell what is what with all of the vegetation present. Currently we stay away from maps that have too much vegetation so we can spread our buildings out and actually be able to see what everything is clearly. So, we hope you can lower the vegetation amount in most of your maps and allow a little more freedom to spread out buildings.

Other than things said above, and as said before, this is a high quality MOD, and it will be great to see the next updates!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Valherran, thanks for your positive comments and sharing your input with us. I am using my phone at the moment so I can't give an extensive response to your comments but I'll give you the comments that I have the time for.

1 - Strange. Flame Tanks and Incinerators have had their weapon damage to infantry and structures increased but decreased against heavy and light vehicles. I am inclined to agree with you about the lingering fire patches spawned, they should only really cause harm to infantry. We'll have a look at that.

2 - Sight range has been changed a lot over the course of time,  it's a good factor to consider when giving units some additional uses, certain vehicles and Infantry have an extra sight range bonus to give them the scout titles, but you might be right about requiring a little extra sight. We will consider this.

3 - I can't speak for everyone on the team, but I wanted to make vegetation more tactical  which is why they are larger and have more dense areas than TS or RA2 ever did. Being able to hide units among vegetation adds a nice new tactical option in my opinion. In any case, I do agree with you about the base-space problem. We're planning on doing something about the issue on a lot of maps, including making a large set of new maps with plenty of open space (see Desert Road).

Thanks again. Happy to hear you're enjoying the mod.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum