Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Polish Voxel Grand Prix 1st Edition
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject:  Polish Voxel Grand Prix 1st Edition Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The good folks over CnC Reactor are organizing the first voxel competition for the polish people known as Polish VXL GP 1st edition. Unfortunatelly, my lack of polish knowledge and lack of a public polish translator prevents me from understanding the rules over there. I hope someone like Speeder some other polish friends can help me with this one. The voxels might be judged in the following way:

- Detailing (normals, model) - 25 %
- Concept/Ideas -  35 %
- Colouring (Scheme) - 15%
- Technical Details (such as HVA) - 25%

And they have a good set of polish voxelling tutorials to aid you with VXLSE and HVA Builder 2.0c, among other voxelling technics. Unfortunatelly, you need to be registered there to see the whole content, so if you do not understand polish, like me... bye bye tutorials, because I can't barely understand the registering procedures.

I guess (but understand that my lack of polish knowledge is big risk here) that the submission time is set by december 15th, 2005. If we were in another month of the year, I wouldn't even try to guess it #Tongue, but since it's the last day 15 of the year, it will be hard to miss it.

The submissions must be send to Martin Killer (at the email he posted at the press release) that has all the rules and details of the competition. Good luck for all polish out there and I hope all C&C tools available here, such as Voxel Section Editor III, will help you on your voxelling quest. If you have any doubts or need any support, feel free to use the VXLSE III forums, but please, write in english because this is no polish forum.

* Note: I've found no translation for this one, so I'm going by logic.

Last edited by Banshee on Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
- ?????? (??????, ??????... whatever it is, it's sacred)  35 %

"Concept".

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jesus, Banshee, you could have just asked me #Tongue And yes, it's Concept/Idea. And the 'Other technics' is 'Technical details'

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Martin Killer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's time to change the title of competition  Cool
Thx Banshee for support Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you, Speeder! I've fixed it now Wink.

And you're welcome, MK. I was really missing these Voxel Grand Prix that we used to have at YR Arg. So, I'm glad someone is doing this kind of thing again. And I'll always support it Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We've changed e-mail account for Voxel GP - It's now - cnccompet@o2.pl -
And after discussion with Speeder, this Voxel GP is for everyone. You know how we will judge voxels but the rules are same like in other Voxel GP's
Arg/Revora wrote:
1. Files made will be checked for authory, so entries of work from other people are invalid.
2. Adding every .vxl and .hva and any TurretOffset= tag if appliable is a must.
3. Voxels can either be based upon concept art or your own design. If you base it upon a concept art, and you explicitly say so, show the concept art too, so accuracy can be evaluated (it will only be judged for Originality or for Accuracy -see below- so be sure to weigh this when making your entry).
4. All the voxels submitted are made for public, so beware not to send any exclusive graphics, as from the point theyre submitted you have agreed they will be available
5. The entries dont need to be realistic nor merely fictional. Of course not abstract either. Dont limit yourself to show your creativity. However, dont be Picasso.
6. Only one entry per person is allowed, and you cannot edit it after you submit it, or you will be disqualified (Exception, you sent the wrong version of it, i.e: no normals, or no color)
7. All files must have remaps, visible clearly from every facing
8. Voxels that are rated more than 60% go to YrArg
9. Voxels that are already out cannot be entered

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool Smile. Do you have a button (something like 88x31) of the event, so I can add it in this site?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunately I have only an example of Winner's banner but it's not for public now. I will talk about banner to Blodo or Logan... but of course everyone can show me his/her purpose.

Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hej, lole, jak wam się wiedzie?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spoko, zarejestruj się na www.forums.revora.net Sorrow i zobacz kto jest lolem #Tongue

*ignore that ppl #Tongue

EDIT: Taken straight from CnC Guild:
Quote:
Martin Killer, staffer of C&C Guild and leader of CnC Reactor - Polish C&C community, has decided to organize next voxel competition, since the last one was good while ago. The first concept was to attract Polish members of the community into the competition, but now, it has been decided to allow members from the whole C&C community to enter. The voxels will be judged in the following way:

- Details (normals, model appearrance) - 25%
- Concept and Creativity - 35%
- Scheme - 15%
- Technical Details (such as HVA) - 25%

Your submissions must be send to Martin Killer (e-mail available in the news item) and the time is set by December 15th, 2005. If you know Polish, you can view plenty of tutorials here or just take a look around our international community. Remember that there has been update of Voxel Section Editor III recently, so I think it can help you a lot. Wink

You might remember Voxel Grand Prix IV. The rules are quite similar as I see, with some changes in ways of judging (posted above). Submissions will be posted on CnC Reactor and YR Argentina short while after the results, and best will be featured as special downloads - winners of the competition.

Good luck for all the contestants!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, jakoś nie za bardzo mam ochotę z Wami rozmawiać #Tongue .
Pozdrów ode mnie Carlka Smile .

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carlek zaginąl #Tongue A poza tym CnC Reactor to przeszłosć, teraz czas na Revorę #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Khaamos wrote:
Carlek zaginąl #Tongue A poza tym CnC Reactor to przeszłosć, teraz czas na Revorę #Tongue

Hmm...
A czy może Havoc i ten lol co miał mamuta w avatarze też zaginęli:>?
Ostatnio deko mnie wkurzali.
Szczególnie Havoc, jak wyskoczył z tym tekstem o metalówach Rolling Eyes ...

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After 3 days we've got 2 entries from:
- Rattuskid
- Mark Griffith

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only 7 days remaining. Please send voxels until 11PM (GMT) ,15th December in Thursday.
Send voxels at cnccompet@o2.pl

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!