Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Comand and Conquer: DeathWorld (lots of pics)
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 4 [175 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject:  Comand and Conquer: DeathWorld (lots of pics)
Subject description: [TS]
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First off "Warhammer 40k Copyright Games Workshop"

Ive posted this on tibweb a while ago--->http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2598
and ive decided to post it here too.

"if you are going to post make them CONSTRUCTIVE posts/comments PLEASE.

now the story-thing. (this is just thrown together)
You are on a planet so inimical to life that every day there is a battle for survival.it's called a Deatworld, you are here to rid this planet of the ork infestation who are led by Warlord skullKruntcha(picked a random-ish name)

Info on the armys:
Edited: Catahans:The people of Catachan have but one resource of value to the Imperium: their superb regiments of Jungle Fighters. Once recruited, they are despatched to warzones all across the galaxy where their skills in jungle warfare are at a premium. Catachan warriors readily accept the call to arms, and – in exchange for their loyalty – their families and settlements receive technologies and medicines that would normally be impossible for them to obtain.

THA ORKZ:Green skinned ravaging monsters that live for war and wont stop until they get what they want.
Edit:Pros:strong damage,cheap -cons:weak,50-50 chance to shoot each other(if possible to do ill do it)

Buildings/Building concept images

Catachans

New-Units/Vehicles/Unit lists

Catachans

Vehicles
MCV:

Harv:

Sentinel:(copied from the GW site)Sentinels are ideal scouting vehicles, and their pilots are often forced to use their own initiative - qualities not always fostered in Imperial soldiers. Many of these pilots are highly individualistic and have a reputation as insubordinate mavericks.
...Finished...

SCRAPED-Pathblazer: The pathblazer is a modified flame tank to work better in jungle terrain.
...VXL IS FINISHED...

Infantry

Catachan Jungle Fighters :(copied from the GW site)Catachan Regiments are tough, resourceful and uncompromising warriors, deadly up close with their wicked knives or from ambush wth their lasguns. In jungle terrain they are unsurpassed, with each Catachan being worth ten of any other regiment.

Catachan with Heavy Flamer :The heavy flamer is used when you just need to burn something

Catachan Snipers :(copied from the GW site)Catachan veterans recruit their own snipers from amongst their finest marksmen. A Catachan sniper will take up position hours, or even days, before a battle to find the best spot in trees or among roots and will conceal himself fully before the enemy draws near. Concentrated sniper fire can throw enemy units into complete confusion, the snipers being almost imposible to spot in the dense jungle canopy.
...8 facings done...
Edit:i forgot i actually have the 8 facings and the running frames for those facings

Catachan with Demolition Charge:(campaign only if used at all) pretty much a grenade with a very big boom one time use, after used the unit will switch to the a lasgun.
...NOT STARTED...

Catachan Mortar Team: great for supporting fire
...NEXT TO WORK ON...

Catachan Heavy Bolter Team:great for supporting fire
...NOT STARTED...

Catachan Autocannon Team:great for taking out armor
...NOT STARTED...

ORKZ
Vehicles

Gobsmasha

War Trukk<-Scraped

Warbike:(copied off gw site)Ork Warbikes are one of the strange miracles of Ork technology, possessing an immensely powerful armament for their size. Ork Bikers love nothing more than to roar around the battlefield, unleashing hails of shots in all directions. Often they will ride straight into the middle of their enemy, their fingers firmly on the trigger, riding over the bodies of those who fall to their murderous advance

Wartrak

Wartrak Scorcha

Warbuggy<-Scraped

Infantry

Ork Boyz

Stikk Bommas

Burna Boyz

Boyz with 'eavy Weapons

Ork Kommando with Big Shoota

Grots (Eng)

Heavy Inf
Lobba

Zzap Gun

Kannon

As above "if you are going to post make them CONSTRUCTIVE posts/comments PLEASE.

P.S some of these pics are kinda old and for more pics go to my tibweb topic

Last edited by Roadwarrior on Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:31 pm; edited 11 times in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to see you're still going with this. good luck dude!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Nice to see you're still going with this. good luck dude!

thanks

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm hoping that the names for the units are temporary or just a joke for now... Right?... Right?

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I'm hoping that the names for the units are temporary or just a joke for now... Right?... Right?

Witch names? most of the names are official GW names

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

'm hoping that the names for the units are temporary or just a joke for now... Right?... Right?

They'se da Orks. You'se humie betta not be dissin or I'll ave ya head on me pointy stick.

40k mod this time? Good luck on doing it, I'm an avid 40k fan. You can see me hanging around on Relicnews passing the time too.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you need hosting?

(If you are interested, PM me with the details, such as forum and subforum names and description for each of them)

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Do you need hosting?

(If you are interested, PM me with the details, such as forum and subforum names and description for each of them)

that would be cool, now i have to think of what subforms id need.

ill have a sneak peek of what the morter team might look like by tomorrow or saturday.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm referring to names like, 'Gobsmasha' and 'Scorcha'. They sound like names little children would name their remote control cars.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I'm referring to names like, 'Gobsmasha' and 'Scorcha'. They sound like names little children would name their remote control cars.

Considering the average Ork from the 40k universe has the intellect of a very angry teenager it's not really surprising.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I find that offensive. I'm an angry teenager and I'm quite clever. But I'm the exception not the rule, the average ork has the attention of a small child with ADHD IMO.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here is a Gif animation of the facings, couldn't get an in game

Guy on the left has the morter and the guy on the right has shells(in the backpack) and a gun. Ill probably have to make it a vehicle so it can deploy

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, I think it's only RA2 where infantry can deploy, or you could use the versus on the warhead to make the primary a burst of gunfire, and the secondary a mortar round (or reverse them so it automatically bombards stuff with a mortar when ordered to force fire...

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Yes they do, but that's what the Orks call them. It suits them well, despite the fact that they are not little children, by no means; Orks are have the largest population (even larger than the Imperium of Man)of all the species in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

The only reason they don't wipe out all opposition, is because they REALLY like to fight and commit genocide amongst each other. Plus their tech isn't the greatest. But who needs the greatest tech, when you can yell: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!", and kill anyone and everyone, all day long!?

It's a dream come true.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Aro wrote:

Yes they do, but that's what the Orks call them. It suits them well, despite the fact that they are not little children, by no means; Orks are have the largest population (even larger than the Imperium of Man)of all the species in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

The only reason they don't wipe out all opposition, is because they REALLY like to fight and commit genocide amongst each other. Plus their tech isn't the greatest. But who needs the greatest tech, when you can yell: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!", and kill anyone and everyone, all day long!?

It's a dream come true.

yeah, anyway i found why i couldn't get an in-game i had a vxl with out a hva

(first post updated)

Last edited by Roadwarrior on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make sure you get everything in proportion. At the moment the MCV and Harvester look too big compared to the infantry, and even other vehicles. Mybe make the infantry bigger, or the vehicles smaller.

Have you got the original C&C or Red Alert 1? Because if you are going to do infantry that small, you are better off using a different game.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tartan Bunny wrote:
Make sure you get everything in proportion. At the moment the MCV and Harvester look too big compared to the infantry, and even other vehicles. Mybe make the infantry bigger, or the vehicles smaller.

Have you got the original C&C or Red Alert 1? Because if you are going to do infantry that small, you are better off using a different game.

Surprised its TSHyper's post all over again(kinda)

anyway everything is in proportion, the pic at tibweb(it has the inf and mcv in same the pic) it looks like they could fit in the cab

hey is there a tag like prone-fire only i just tried commenting out the fire-up in my MorterSequence and what happens is it will only shoot in prone so you have to shoot it for it to shoot

EDIT: I need an ok 3D guy to help me with somethings that i cant do in shp builder like for example: something with tentacles (if you want to apply send a pm ill send more info)EDIT2: or ill just wait for the new computer witch will be awhile >.>

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Small update but its an update

Burna boys Twisted Evil

BTW the inf look bigger ingame

SCRN0011.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.17 KB
 Viewed:  17866 Time(s)

SCRN0011.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woot, 40k mod and it looks pretty awesome. Love the size of the infantry.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make sure you add Warhammer 40k Copyright Games Workshop to the mod otherwise they'll eat you for breakfast. They allow mods but they won't allow them if you add any other IP to them, so say you want GDI vs Space Marines that's a big nono.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aww so i cant say cabal went into space and founded/took-over the Necrons? Laughing im keeping it 40K, and in the menu sceen ill put "Warhammer 40k Copyright Games Workshop" in the corner or something.Thanks for pointing that out

EDIT: im editing instead making a new post cuz its just an idea: im thinking of replacing the ion storm with something like a rain stom with thunder, and rain falling(could be done with small white lines or something). its 12:55 here and im tired #Sleep

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

possible ion-i mean possible thunderstorm lighting, this is reg lighting just edited because the triggers don't work on my final sun no big tho.

SCRN0012.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.24 KB
 Viewed:  17643 Time(s)

SCRN0012.png

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad, where abouts is here By the way, I forget if WH40K is just here or worldwide...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

40K is known and sold worldwide afaik, if that's what you meant.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for that, that is what I meant by that part.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Sentinel walking on one leg Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

made the sentinel the hard and long point is the animating.

colors aren't final

sentnalV2_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.49 KB
 Viewed:  17532 Time(s)

sentnalV2_000.gif

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is it intentional or mistake that your sig is misspelled (deathwolrd)
or am i just wrong in all aspects

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegangsta wrote:
is it intentional or mistake that your sig is misspelled (deathwolrd)
or am i just wrong in all aspects

O_O thanks, but thats all your posting about?

Edit:i will try to make the Hva a bit more smooth

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

finished the animation for the sentinel.

sentnalV2_001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.37 KB
 Viewed:  17462 Time(s)

sentnalV2_001.gif

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great. Jerky but that really suits the clunkiness of the Guard army.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks
i fixed the big jerk on the cockpit (no pun intended heh heh jerk-cockpit heh)

oh and BTW ingame:

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grass terrain omg Surprised

the 2 grass tiles on the bottom are the fist ones i made and need to be recolored and the weird bright green is just the pallet.
BTW how do i set up a LAT?

SCRN0017.png
 Description:
beta grass
 Filesize:  26.26 KB
 Viewed:  17282 Time(s)

SCRN0017.png

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grass terrain omg :O P2

update my grass terrain yay

EDIT: look at new Screenshot

SCRN0021.png
 Description:
New Screeenshot
 Filesize:  227.77 KB
 Viewed:  17127 Time(s)

SCRN0021.png

SCRN0018.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.6 KB
 Viewed:  17157 Time(s)

SCRN0018.png

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Catachan Heavy Bolter Team Preview
Should this be a unit or a turret?

SCRN0038.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.08 KB
 Viewed:  17066 Time(s)

SCRN0038.png

SCRN0024.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.8 KB
 Viewed:  17066 Time(s)

SCRN0024.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should have actual bolt gun turrets, or even bolter nests (Which have a couple of guys in there manning it) for defences. Like a circle of sandbags for the base and then a heavy bolter/inf as the turret.

Heavy bolter teams can be infantry, or if you want, a vehicle. Then it could even deploy to set up the weapon.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude, I see work going on =P As I said on TibWeb, feel free to contact me for any testing you need on it. =) I'll be glad to help.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i haven't been on tibweb in ever, i had forgotten about it until you reminded me EDIT:(stay tuned for Edit 2)

Bad.png
 Description:
edit2: Bad cncept image but you get the idea right?
 Filesize:  21.08 KB
 Viewed:  17009 Time(s)

Bad.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wat

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like an donut xD

Calling DonutArnold here! #Tongue

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sandy donut XD

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that a Manned Machine Gun Turret?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks to me

Quote:
Like a circle of sandbags for the base and then a heavy bolter/inf as the turret.

And looks fine. #Tongue

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep in mind Dawn of War has set the precedence for Cadian Imperial Guard structure construction. Although nothing really has been set in stone for how you want to interpret 40k structures as anything is possible in the 41st millennium I thought it might be relevant.

Although from the looks of things I see you're going with the Catachan Jungle Fighters so you can really make whatever structures you interpret for them.

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seeing as how the Catachans drew much inspiration from the Vietnam war, perhaps doing a little research into it may give you some ideas. As for the bolter turret, I'd suggest that the sandbags be the base and that the jungle fighter and his gun be the turret. Will you be including other heavy weapons such as the auto cannon, las cannon, and mortar in addition to the bolter?

The sentinel looks ace. The camo mesh on top of the sentinel's cock-pit makes it look a bit more enclosed and protected though.

Also why is there the option to build a Huey especially considering what's next to it on the list?

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Bako'Ikaporamee:thats why theres a huey Wink im not putting that in, i had planed to but i decided not to. it got spotlighted at TibWeb /me does a little dance

@Shakar: yes see the red bandanna?

@Elerium-155:yeah i know.

im now making the auto cannon 3d model so when thats done ill make a frame and post it.

Should a Chimera transport be the harv? http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Imperial_Guard_Catachan_Armoured_Fist_Squad.gif

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't think a chimera should be the harvester. I'd suggest one of the more support variants of the chimera. Maybe Forge World could offer some ideas. Chimera should just stick to being the APC.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bako'Ikaporamee wrote:
Don't think a chimera should be the harvester. I'd suggest one of the more support variants of the chimera. Maybe Forge World could offer some ideas. Chimera should just stick to being the APC.

i mean ill make my own support variant of it.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT: iv fixed my Xcc mixer so now i can mix drin...i mean files

Chimera transport

ok i had made it a while ago but it wasn't textured or nothin.

wich one do you guys like? remap or not as much remap? (the eagle and tip of the barrel)

BTW whats the color of a Lasgun shot, is it red?

Image1.png
 Description:
remap
 Filesize:  51.92 KB
 Viewed:  16773 Time(s)

Image1.png

Image2.png
 Description:
not as much remap
 Filesize:  42.53 KB
 Viewed:  16773 Time(s)

Image2.png

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent! A 40k mod.

Add some Smallah Humie-Stompaz and Imperial Baneblades for tier 10.

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TheRatsInTheWalls wrote:
Excellent! A 40k mod.

Add some Smallah Humie-Stompaz and Imperial Baneblades for tier 10.

o_O

btw could you draw a main menu background/loading screen for me? i dont know what it would be yet but will you do it?

Last edited by Roadwarrior on Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 4 [175 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon