:: Home :: BugTracker :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:12 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Twisted Insurrection » Your Input
F.A.Q. / Known Bugs and Issues
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject:   F.A.Q. / Known Bugs and Issues
Subject description: Read this before you post any reports or ask any questions!

Frequently Asked Questions / F.A.Q.

What is Twisted Insurrection?

Twisted Insurrection is a stand alone modification of Tiberian Sun, meaning you don't need to own Tiberian Sun to play. The mod features a completely new in-depth story-line which puts you in an alternate timeline where the Brotherhood of Nod were victorious during the first Tiberian War rather than GDI; After the Brotherhood used the Ion Cannon to destroy an irreplaceable monumental structure, the Global Defense initiative lost all UN support leaving them in total disarray. This is where our story begins.

Along with the complete overhaul and replacing of the original games graphics and having it's own all new soundtrack, Twisted Insurrection brings you all new units, infantry and naval forces to command as either The Brotherhood of Nod or the Global Defense Initiative in both singleplayer and multiplayer missions along with all new structures and base defenses to build as well! The mod also introduces the GloboTech corporation and contains all new campaigns for both GDI and Nod, plus some additional bonus challenge missions and several hidden maps so there is always plenty more to play. TI also features all new game-modes and over 100 multiplayer maps to play either online or in skirmish mode.

Do you have what it takes to drag the shattered Global Defense Initiative out of ruin? Or will you crush all who oppose the will of Kane and his Inner Circle? The choice is yours commander.

Read the full Twisted Insurrection storyline here.

Where can I download Twisted Insurrection?

Head over to our Downloads Page on our Official Wesbsite for all the necessary downloads and instructions that you'll need.

Can I download updates manually (for people with Launcher problems)?

If for some reason your TI_Launcher.exe isn't downloading patches or you are unable to do so, I will be uploading patches to download manually to the "Available Updates" Thread on our forum. All patches will include previous patches so you only need to install the latest version but please make sure you read the instructions!

Can I play Twisted Insurrection Online?

Twisted Insurrection uses CnCNet which makes online play a breeze. To run CnCNet, simply click the "Play on CNCNet" option from the Twisted Insurrection launcher (Public Beta 4 onwards) and click the CNCNet / LAN button on the Twisted Insurrection Main Menu and you're good to go!
If you encounter any problems, seek help on the CnCNet Website.

Where can I keep track of Twisted Insurrection

Do I need Tiberian Sun to play Twisted Insurrection?

No. Twisted Insurrection is STANDALONE and runs by itself in it's own directory. You do not need Tiberian Sun or any other Command & Conquer game installed to play Twisted Insurrection and it will ALWAYS be this way.

Will GloboTech become a playable faction?

It is more likely that GloboTech will be a playable faction in a new mod than it is that they will be added to Twisted Insurrection. There are multiple reasons for this, but the main ones are:

• One of the TI team's personal favorite things in TI is that GloboTech are a campaign/tech only addition
  • Adding Third sides has some side effects that were not willing to tolerate
  • If we ever want to get out of beta, we need to avoid adding unnecessary work to our to-do-list

That isn't to say that it will never happen, au contraire, there are people working on Tiberian Sun EXE patches that could possibly make 3rd sides much less of a nightmare and less-buggy. If this is done to the point that I feel it's near-perfect, then there is a good possibility it could get done at some point (HyperPatch is looking promising so far), but don't get your hopes up.

Known Bugs and Issues

Issue: I Had an Internal Error!
Answer: If you had an Internal Error or a crash, please post a full report and upload your except.txt and logfile.txt to this thread.

Issue: .NET (Framework) Erorrs!
Answer: .NET Errors are a problem of the client and not the game itself. To prevent these errors from occuring, please make sure you have .NET Framework (2.0 up to 4.0) installed on your computer. This should fix the problem!

Issue: The In-game dialog flickers / disappears and I can't minimize the game
Answer: This is a problem caused by modern machines that run Windows 8 or higher and I'm afraid that there is nothing that can be done about it at this point in time. A lot had to be done to get the game to comply with Windows 8, but hopefully this problem will also be fixed in the future! The Dialog may not be visible, but it is still there and can be interacted with.

Issue: Enemy Active Radar Scans Also Reveal Shroud
Answer: Yes, this is known, but nothing can be done about it as of yet.

Issue: Placeholder Images
Answer: There are obviously placeholder images in Twisted Insurrection as there have only been Beta releases (Several cameos for example can't be made until the unit/structure itself has been made), I do not want any comments regarding them!

Issue: Some Alpha Images Cause Shroud To Flicker
Answer: We are aware of this problem and we are working on a solution.

Twisted Insurrection: Public Beta 5
Twisted Insurrection: Gallery
Twisted Insurrection: OST Volume 3

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

Last edited by Aro on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:35 am; edited 10 times in total

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 times in a row the game freezes and throws no error.

I played both times on the map "Null Zone".
The first time it happened in the first 60 seconds of the game.
The second time the game froze a while after I got to build a tech center (as a time reference).
I played as GDI against Nod in skirmish both times.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed some slope errors on the second Nod campaign map.

On the positive side, that mission no longer lags like shit, as it was in the previous patch.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While appreciated, I don't think this thread is the place to report bugs guys Wink

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete the posts if it will clutter up the thread...

eagleheart666
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, i was recently playing the map "Final Haven" i built an obelisk and wanted to test something out (to see if it could remove trees) and no matter how many times i pressed stop, it just wouldn't stop firing. i don't know if this has been found, i haven't tried it again due to inopprotune ambushes. i will test it out again tonight on the same and a different map, and post the results.

sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still has that issue with the harvester cant go in the tunnel under epsilon map by the globotech base in the bottom right corner

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, broken tunnel in Epsilon City. We'll get that fixed. Smile

Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the GloboTech barracks actually do anything? I captured it and I can't even train my own units from it. o.o

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part, it's a map prop, however in the future it'll serve a purpose as an actual barracks.

Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a glitch in the gdi mission with the railgun research lab...the blue field is glitched as the harvester wont go to or from the field on its own and sometimes gets stuck on nothing

Vulture
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Veteran Kazuar + Speed crate glitch is also still existing, at least when moving in the SW direction.

A question is; if it is unfixable, why isn't the Kazuar slowed down another point in exchange for additional Armor?

Lopunny777
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt give it more armor it just upgrades its current armor and new armor usually weighs the same if lucky less then what you had

P.S. How do i know when the epsylon tunnel is fixed #Tongue?

Nordos
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Vulture rather meant to make it have more hitpojnts (as to say, modify the strength in order to compensate for the speed loss)

The issue with a fast veteran kazuar happens in survival a couple of times, thus, I do think that it needs to have it's speed decreased by one or remove the veteran ability FASTER, giving it SCATTER or FIREPOWER or ROF.
On the other hand this unit is a 'transport' unit rather then a unit with overwhelming firepower.

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Vulture
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Nordos said.

Note, however, that, whatever replaces the FASTER tag, either more firepower, armour or RoF, it allows the Kazuar to be better at protecting its cargo, just through different means.

Speed might actually make it worse - a player prefers a group of Kazuar's to have the same speed, not one outspeeding the other because it gained a rank.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game speed doesn't seem to get saved right. I started the Nod campaign, saved a game, and when I failed the mission and reloaded it from the launcher, the game speed was set to maximum.

Modifying it manually in sun.ini seems to have no effect whatsoever, either.

Related to the launcher: it'd be nice if, on the Load Mission screen, pressing [enter] or double-clicking an item would load it.

Since the launcher is c#, having it accept on [enter] and cancel on [esc] is peanuts, just by setting the two button as AcceptButton and CancelButton on the form.

^Rampastein
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyerguds wrote:
Related to the launcher: it'd be nice if, on the Load Mission screen, pressing [enter] or double-clicking an item would load it.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to do this soon.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the "start campaign" copies the loading screens? Because I started the GDI campaign and then ingame I loaded a Nod savegame, and I have only gotten GDI loading screens since then.

Eagle 11
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New GDI Powerplant has visual clipping issues with being partially behind cliffs,
Engis cant get civilian trucks etc anymore, i used it for screenshot purposes and scouting.
Reaper droid-deathball insanely cost-efficient, especially in vs another Nod, GDI has all the EMP and railguns to counter, if fights hard enough can keep up.
ships gone missing,
jumpjet guy no longer flies, is called marauder and slings rockets, wtf
Railgun commando can tank nukes and soloes attack waves and can defend your base almost forever with medic support. (awesome!), AI ignores targeting healer/repairers (not awesome)
AI can get weird, ive left a Refinery in the middle of nowhere, ignores it and the harvester working there for the entire game and gets obsessed with nuking gate structures instead anything else.
The new rocket can seem at times as too big for the rocketguy, its almost his own size.
when installed PB5 first hall of faith had better graphics, now its too majestic looking and seems out of place. (?)
However banshee bombers i couldnt find to build and got fixed with the update.
Please attach the blinking yellow lights on antennaes onto the structure, cut those things down at the GDI flyer pad because reminds of about crashing into obstacles whilst trying to land on the helipad with the chopper in BF2.
The new hovvee looks 'designer art edition' and as if out of some sort of anime, old was something more functional looking.
EMP weapon on APC is awesome, would better if doesnt retaliate on his own accidentally freezing our troops.
shrink the width of Goliath tanks a lil bit.

EDIT: Sorry guys but im in a hurry, ciao o/

EDIT2:
On GDI UI it can be different to tell whats being built due to green on green background with very similar tones. Suggest to lighten up the alpha a lot.
GDI Refinery smoke and Hall of Faith hologram eyecandy is turbofast.
Mammoth Walker tilts to right whilst walking down SE-SW when ive used.
Twisted Dawn mode: Mammoth Tank fired tusk on Construction post instead cannon. Commando displays attack cursor on buildings instead C4.
On a map ive captured a Globotech barracks only to find out doesnt enable anything and need the arsenal in order to function. :p On the same map a Guardian was attacking from behind a research tower and couldnt get targeted before destroying said tower.
On Scarlet Infinity AI gets destroyed by veins, cant understand has to kill the monster with infantry.
Is it possible to fix the Harvester wanting to go behind NW of refinery first instead docking directly, now that youve applied hyperpatch ?.
Its as if flyers lost flight height now that they are movingly clipping through high towers.
Flyers cant get repaired on their pad nor they can land on the repairbay, have to land on ground and park a mrt beside.
which leads me to suggest: remake Banshee supply facility into a tech-building that will enable repair on adjacent helipads. You build it in the middle and 6 pads around, now when flyer is on helipad it will get auto-repaired.
When will Ion cannon uplink get a new visual ? Its smaller than the hitbox since ever.
Railgun Commando can get stuck in running animation similar to rifleman guy.
EDIT3: Adult Tiberian Floaters can get stacked up in the same cell, attempting to form an tiberian squid voltran that oneshots any harvester they come in contact with.
Nod Rocketguys when ordered to attack ground caused AA-fire sound, dunno if actually used the wrong warhead because destroyed the shrub normally and there was 10 firing at it the same time.

Last edited by Eagle 11 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nordos
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle 11 wrote:

Engis cant get civilian trucks etc anymore, i used it for screenshot purposes and scouting.

Which Engis? Only the Nod Engis of the TI timeline can hijack vehicles, and this may have been disabled in some campaign missions.
Eagle 11 wrote:

jumpjet guy no longer flies, is called marauder and slings rockets, wtf

intentional change.
Eagle 11 wrote:

Railgun commando can tank nukes and soloes attack waves and can defend your base almost forever with medic support. (awesome!), AI ignores targeting healer/repairers (not awesome)

I agree that the Railgun commando can survive a bit too much. I doubt that there can be anything done regarding the AI, though. There should be some ways to kill him fast enough - like hammerheads or flametanks. Still, a very powerful unit, especially in combination with medics. I played a game with the staff where I used a commando with medics, he survived far more than I would have thought
Eagle 11 wrote:

when installed PB5 first hall of faith had better graphics, now its too majestic looking and seems out of place.

The first one was a placeholder, IIRC it was the waste facility from TS.
The Hall of Faith should look bombastic, IMO, since it is the core of cybernetical technology! Very Happy
Eagle 11 wrote:
EMP weapon on APC is awesome, would better if doesnt retaliate on his own accidentally freezing our troops.

Nah, it already is quite powerful. Anyway, having it not retaliate is impossible anyway, as long as it has a weapon and no action which overwrites it, he will retaliate. The only thing would be to set spread to 0, which would limit the effect on a single unit (which may be a good change, since it would also limit its power a bit)
Eagle 11 wrote:

shrink the width of Goliath tanks a lil bit.

There is an option to shrink all bigger units. You can enable it in the launcher IIRC

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Graion Dilach
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordos wrote:
Eagle 11 wrote:

when installed PB5 first hall of faith had better graphics, now its too majestic looking and seems out of place.

Except that it was daTS's old War Factory when PB5 got out - and which he talks of.

Nordos
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graion Dilach wrote:
Nordos wrote:
Eagle 11 wrote:

Except that it was daTS's old War Factory when PB5 got out - and which he talks of.

OK, ok, I didn't claim to be right either #Tongue
Just a question: It was NAWAST at some point, right? Or did I confuse it completely?

Graion Dilach
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was in PB4, eyup.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Twisted Insurrection » Your Input
Jump to: