:: Home :: BugTracker :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Twisted Insurrection » Your Input
F.A.Q. / Known Bugs and Issues
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject:   F.A.Q. / Known Bugs and Issues
Subject description: Read this before you post any reports or ask any questions!

Frequently Asked Questions / F.A.Q.

What is Twisted Insurrection?

Twisted Insurrection is a stand alone modification of Tiberian Sun, meaning you don't need to own Tiberian Sun to play. The mod features a completely new in-depth story-line which puts you in an alternate timeline where the Brotherhood of Nod were victorious during the first Tiberian War rather than GDI; After the Brotherhood used the Ion Cannon to destroy an irreplaceable monumental structure, the Global Defense initiative lost all UN support leaving them in total disarray. This is where our story begins.

Along with the complete overhaul and replacing of the original games graphics and having it's own all new soundtrack, Twisted Insurrection brings you all new units, infantry and naval forces to command as either The Brotherhood of Nod or the Global Defense Initiative in both singleplayer and multiplayer missions along with all new structures and base defenses to build as well! The mod also introduces the GloboTech corporation and contains all new campaigns for both GDI and Nod, plus some additional bonus challenge missions and several hidden maps so there is always plenty more to play. TI also features all new game-modes and over 100 multiplayer maps to play either online or in skirmish mode.

Do you have what it takes to drag the shattered Global Defense Initiative out of ruin? Or will you crush all who oppose the will of Kane and his Inner Circle? The choice is yours commander.

Read the full Twisted Insurrection storyline here.

Where can I download Twisted Insurrection?

Head over to our Downloads Page on our Official Wesbsite for all the necessary downloads and instructions that you'll need.

Can I play Twisted Insurrection Online?

Twisted Insurrection uses CnCNet which makes online play a breeze. To run CnCNet, simply click the "Play on CNCNet" option from the Twisted Insurrection launcher (Public Beta 4 onwards) and click the CNCNet / LAN button on the Twisted Insurrection Main Menu and you're good to go!
If you encounter any problems, seek help on the CnCNet Website.

Where can I keep track of Twisted Insurrection

Do I need Tiberian Sun to play Twisted Insurrection?

No. Twisted Insurrection is STANDALONE and runs by itself in it's own directory. You do not need Tiberian Sun or any other Command & Conquer game installed to play Twisted Insurrection and it will ALWAYS be this way.

Will GloboTech become a playable faction?

It is more likely that GloboTech will be a playable faction in a new mod than it is that they will be added to Twisted Insurrection. There are multiple reasons for this, but the main ones are:

• One of the TI team's personal favorite things in TI is that GloboTech are a campaign/tech only addition
  • Adding Third sides has some side effects that were not willing to tolerate
  • If we ever want to get out of beta, we need to avoid adding unnecessary work to our to-do-list

That isn't to say that it will never happen, au contraire, there are people working on Tiberian Sun EXE patches that could possibly make 3rd sides much less of a nightmare and less-buggy. If this is done to the point that I feel it's near-perfect, then there is a good possibility it could get done at some point (HyperPatch is looking promising so far), but don't get your hopes up.

What about the Dawn Units? And What is Twisted Dawn?

The Twisted Dawn units are only available in single-player missions and as crate goodies during skirmish games, there is a valid reason for this and the simple answer is that the Twisted Insurrection era units outrank and outclass the Dawn units in every category, having both available to the player all the time would be pointless and just add lots of clutter to the sidebars.

During the campaign, the Twisted Dawn units are used before it's successor unit is introduced (For example, the Attack Buggy is soon replaced by the Viper, the Hum-Vee is soon replaced by the Kazuar etc.) in our storyline. Not all units get a unique introduction as some are not entirely necessary.
I am getting a lot of people asking me whether or not I will enable them for skirmish and I'm sorry, but it's just not going to happen for the reasons stated above, there is just no need for it, but there are however special circumstances where you can use them in campaign or challenge missions and I hope that satisfies the craving enough.

Twisted Dawn itself is the name we refer to the start of the campaign as, the first years of the conquest before Twisted Insurrection units begin getting their introduction. As Twisted Dawn has been very well received by fans, we are going to be making either a separate mod to Twisted Insurrection or a Game Mode that will be solely based on Twisted Dawn, meaning only the Dawn units and structures will be available rather than anything from the Insurrection Era, perhaps aside from crate goodies.

It is undetermined at this point whether or not Twisted Dawn is going to be a mod by itself or a game mode, but currently we are more lenient towards a custom game mode in Skirmish than a whole mod by itself. We will see what happens!

Known Bugs and Issues

Issue: I Had an Internal Error!
Answer: If you had an Internal Error or a crash, please post a full report and upload your except.txt and logfile.txt to this thread.

Issue: Enemy Active Radar Scans Also Reveal Shroud
Answer: Yes, this is known, but nothing can be done about it as of yet.

Issue: Placeholder Images
Answer: There are obviously placeholder images in Twisted Insurrection as there have only been Beta releases (Several cameos for example can't be made until the unit/structure itself has been made), I do not want any comments regarding them!

Issue: Some Alpha Images Cause Shroud To Flicker
Answer: We are aware of this problem and we are working on a solution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

Twisted Insurrection: IRC
Twisted Insurrection: Gallery
Twisted Insurrection: OST Volume 3

Steam & Skype: AroPhobic

Last edited by Aro on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:11 am; edited 6 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 times in a row the game freezes and throws no error.

I played both times on the map "Null Zone".
The first time it happened in the first 60 seconds of the game.
The second time the game froze a while after I got to build a tech center (as a time reference).
I played as GDI against Nod in skirmish both times.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed some slope errors on the second Nod campaign map.

On the positive side, that mission no longer lags like shit, as it was in the previous patch.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While appreciated, I don't think this thread is the place to report bugs guys Wink

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete the posts if it will clutter up the thread...

eagleheart666
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, i was recently playing the map "Final Haven" i built an obelisk and wanted to test something out (to see if it could remove trees) and no matter how many times i pressed stop, it just wouldn't stop firing. i don't know if this has been found, i haven't tried it again due to inopprotune ambushes. i will test it out again tonight on the same and a different map, and post the results.

sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Twisted Insurrection » Your Input
Jump to: